Does anyone shop at Kroger - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You are all so lucky to have so many choices. I live in the strangest place. Dillons, which is a Kroger store, is the only game in town. they have a monopoly on the whole area. I used to drive about an hour once or month or so to a great OK based store called Homeland, which dbl up to and including a 1.00. It was great, but Dillions, or shall I say, the evil empire bought up the stores. I don;t mind Dillons, they dbl to .50 and their sales are fair, but there is NO competition, NO loss leaders to cherry pick from. Oh, sure, theres a small SWwalmart, and and Aldis sbout 40 minutes away, but that;s it. The funny thing is, that ppl who are from here, don't know any diff, they shop Dillions b/c that's what they ave alwys done. Then when new ppl come and talk about competetion, they just look at with those deer in the headlights eyes............: Ok, I have unloaded on you all enough for today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kroger is the main grocery chain here, and we shop there for all of our grocery staples, and a lot of other items as well. They have those great 10 for $10 sales, and their store brands are really good quality and usually very inexpensive. They're also getting better with their international and whole/organic foods sections. They have a lot of good sales on organic produce, but around here it always looks a bit wilted. In general, though, I love my Krogering! Actually - come to think of it - I've never patronized any other big name grocery! Krogers was everywhere when I lived in WV, and when we lived in Seattle, we did our staple shopping at QFC stores, which are exactly like Krogers. All their store brands come from the same distro in Cincinnati. The labels say QFC, but the pictures and the kind of print and all is EXACTLY like Kroger!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live near Kroger and shop there ( also altersons, costco too) but I still perfer walmart for groceries because of a overall lower grocery bill.
    If you hate the crowds at walmart ( thats understable) you can try shopping very early in the morning, which should help avoid them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123