Advice on Convienence items to get from Sam's ( that are worth the price )
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Advice on Convienence items to get from Sam's ( that are worth the price )

Aunt Millies Coupons

My mom is bugging me about wanting a list of things that i would like from Sam's for when the baby arrives so we have simple things to make ... she brought up easy mac Neither Joe or i would eat it first because we do not like the taste and second because it has so much salt and preservatives in it.

Any ideas ?? Because i know if i do not give her a list she will walk up and down the isles and pick things and we will be gaging on a few items... she isn't taking her freezer bag so no frozen items.
    Last edited by Gabe; 03-07-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was thinking of telling her cereal... but Maltomeal bags are cheaper i think then those big boxes you can get from Sam's.

I guess the Folgers is't a bad price at 9.88 for a 52 oz.. since i got pregnant i can't stand the smell of the off brand coffee's Joe used to get .. we get it for $5.40 at walmart for the regular container.

Curious how much water is in water packed apples?? A can or 2 of those to easily make some apple pies or mini apple pies or apple friters would be nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Too bad she isn't going to buy dairy items - they are well priced at Sam's!

I would put these on my list:
    spaghetti
    pasta sauce
    parmesan cheese
    juice (I buy apple, cranberry and grapefruit)
    pancake mix
    syrup
    oatmeal
    apple sauce
    canned fruit
    Minute rice
    canned tuna
    canned chicken (I prefer fresh, but this is a good pantry item)
    dry coffee creamer

check the price first (you can check online):
    flour
    sugar
    powdered milk

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

the precooked hormel bacon has 72 slices in a pack for 7.92 great for a quick breakast or sandwhich, taste good does not need to be kept cold ( must have tons of pres.on the down side)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Yall *G*

I made a pretty basic list for her:

Folgers ( classic Roast, red can)52 oz
    Salsa
    delonte pear halves 105oz can
    Idahoan Premuim Mashed Potatoes ( Big Carton)
    Kraft Velvetta Shells and Cheese ( i told her that this was just something special so she didn't need to get it )
    Lemons ( silly mom goes do you want some limes and key limes we well .. UGH ... )
    Plums
    Doritos Cool Ranch Individual Servings 50ct OR Smart Mix Variety Pack ( aka Lays Baked chip selection)30ct ... She knows i would prefer the smart mix if she sees both.
    Planter's Mixed Nuts
    Nature's own 100% whole wheat bread
    Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
    Contadina Tomatoe Sauce
    COntadina Diced Tomatoes
    Storage Baggies ( gallon, quart, sandwich ).. which is something i always am needing
    Paper plates
    Paper towels
    Toliet Paper

Flour and all baking goods are cheaper at the almish bulk food store in MD.. as well as dried fruit Ect.. she got more then what i had asked for there as well .. which she has a bad habit of doing i have a hard time asking for things. *lol* Which i know when she went to the almish store she stopped by the almish bakery and got a pumpkin roll and other goodies. She ALWAYS does that *LOL*

I looked through the prices to see what i could get here cheaper .. like no cereal there because malt-o-meal bagged cereal is cheaper..no flour( cheaper at walmart) or sugar ( cheaper at aldies ).... almost any side is cheaper at aldies... foodlion had a sale going on ( maybe this upcoming week as well a TON of 10 for 10 ).. I am not a minute rice type person .. my mom got me a rice cooker/steamer thing so i can use that to cook up rice.. she got one and thought i HAD to have one * smacks my head * Pancake mix i make myself so no need for that.

Of course i put the chips on the list because we do not eat that many chips .. when we get the temptation to get some we get a bag and then the chips go stale so bad before we finish them that we have to throw them out. Lets put it this way we had gotten 2 bags of doritos on sale we ended up throwing out some of the first bag because it got so stale and the second bag sat for 3 months before it was opened.

merky~ Pre cooked bacon * wide eyed blinking * OMG that does have a lot of preservatives in it.. it would make me and joe sick probubly.... Not to mention we can get 3lb of bacon for i think its $5 or $7 at the salvage store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by qtkitty View Post
    I was thinking of telling her cereal... but Maltomeal bags are cheaper i think then those big boxes you can get from Sam's.

I guess the Folgers is't a bad price at 9.88 for a 52 oz.. since i got pregnant i can't stand the smell of the off brand coffee's Joe used to get .. we get it for $5.40 at walmart for the regular container.

Curious how much water is in water packed apples?? A can or 2 of those to easily make some apple pies or mini apple pies or apple friters would be nice.
    LOL, I now know I am not crazy, nobody else I have ever talked to had a problem with the smell of coffee while they were pregnant.... I feel vindicated... Thank you!! I never thought I would drink coffee again.

Cereal is a good idea...Not sure about the apples...but one can couldn't hurt, I think you do a lot baking right? It would be better than peeling apples.

What about powdered milk if you use it?

That is all I can think of as I don't shop at Sam's club..I just wanted to chime in on the coffee smell not settling with your tummy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LuvMyHubby~ Yeah Joe used to get the off brand .. OMG i couldn't smell it or i felt sick to my tummy...only time i ever felt sick was when it was brewing or i got to close to the coffee pot.

Yeah thats what my mom said because she said she didn't know how many apples are in the cans either.

I get powdered milk from aldies for $9.99 for one of the HUGE boxes that makes 20quarts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Paper plates
    Paper towels
    Toliet Paper

are such a great idea, you'll be busy and the less dishes you need to do the better

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

* giggles * exactly what i thought.

I still need to get biscuits, rolls, and loaves of bread in the freezer. My mom was like you should do that the next few days or you may not get the chance before the baby comes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How about

shampoo
    soap
    laundry soap
    bleach
    fabric softener
    trash bags
    medicine
    vitamins
    peanut butter
    jelly

Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The giant canisters of lysol/clorox wipes! Okay, not the most frugal of ideas, but worth every penny when our twins were little.

We always used the baby wipes from Sams.

Jif Peanut butter
    On the border nacho chips
    aunt millies bread
    muffins (yum!) Freeze them - I think there are 16 in a pack.

Let us know when your new arrival gets here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

their diaper wipes are good and a good price. One of my childcare parents use their diapers and love them also a good price most of the food items will not save you time if you have an open gallon of tomato sauce you have to cook with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If you are breastfeeding, you def want to keep oatmeal on hand. Use it in cookies, eat it plain or whatever. It really boosts your supply.

Granola Bars? Something easy to grab and eat one handed.