Question about rebates
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Question about rebates

I felt like I read this in another post but I can't find it...
    What do you do when the item that qualifies for a rebate is sold out? For example, I went to Rite Aid the last day of the March rebate program and they were sold out of the Bic razors. Normally I'd ask for a raincheck or try another store since there are at least 3 in my neighborhood but since it was the last day of the program and it was late, I just forgot about it. Are they supposed to give you a raincheck for the price after rebate?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Supposed to, no. You should ask for it, unless the special has limitations to the terms, like....while supplies last, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I asked a store clerk in February when the same thing happened to me at
    Rite Aid. They were out of a mouthwash. The clerk said she could give me a raincheck for the item, but not at the rebate price. Maybe she gave me incorrect information, but that's what I have been going by the last couple of months.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would assuem you woudl just be out of luck at that point since the rebate has an end date.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by twinbrads View Post
    I felt like I read this in another post but I can't find it...
    What do you do when the item that qualifies for a rebate is sold out? For example, I went to Rite Aid the last day of the March rebate program and they were sold out of the Bic razors. Normally I'd ask for a raincheck or try another store since there are at least 3 in my neighborhood but since it was the last day of the program and it was late, I just forgot about it. Are they supposed to give you a raincheck for the price after rebate?
    Thanks!

You can get a raincheck for the sale price of the item. The rebate is separate, and requires that the item be purchased during the rebate period.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This happened to me last week at rite aid. I asked for a raincheck and the cashier gave me one with a note that the item was free after rebate. I was told to come in with the raincheck and they would just give me cash back in the store after I purchased it. Not sure if that is normal here, it is the first time I have asked for a rain check on a FAR item.