Great day at CVS
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Great day at CVS

today was5.03 a wonderful day at CVS for stockpiling a few items. I sent DD to shop for me and got the following:

2 Quaker Oatmeals
    1 Dawn dishwashing soap
    1 downy fabric softener
    2 colgate toothpastes
    2 Tide laundry soap
    2 Purex all in one laundry soaps

Used 10.00 I had in bucks plus 16.00 in manufacturers coupons.
    Paid 23.01 in cash and got back 17.98 in CVS Bucks!

Effectively spending a grand total of 5.03 for the products above!

I cant wait to see what next weeks deals bring!
    Keep them coming CVS

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You did great!! I
    And yesterday seemed to be it. Free nail polish after extra bucks...I always miss the good stuff!

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Awesome! I'm totally in LOVE with CVS! Some people don't believe me when I say that I spend so little at CVS but I get so much. You just have to know how their system works & watch for sales, clearances & coupons.

Great Job!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow! That's awesome! In all these years, I still can't quite figure out how to win at CVS, but I love reading about all of you who do!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

great job - i worked this weekend so havent had teh time to match the sales and the ads etc and my coupons .

i did stop in there for a b-day card for a co-worke on my way to work r saw a few deals and sent my dh to get them .
    2 computer chairs and a two shelf storage cube for less than 20$ for all 3 as they were 75% off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

theer are websites / blogs that will match the deals and the coupons up and basically tell you exactly whats free- cheap etc each week

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got the buy one get one free peanut butter today and they had Prilosec coupons in the paper, sale at CVS and they was wiped out again today!!Argh. I swear they don't stock that stuff well.

OP, you did great!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did really good w/ the P&G products last week. Also got 2 peanut butters, 2 free halloween pumpkins and free candy!!! Yay! I am trying very hard to get back into couponing after falling away from it this summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you feel like you spend more overall when shopping CVS sales/ Eb's?

Although I have filled Christmas stockings for my mother with extras, I started to question how much I was spending at CVS and stopped last year.

Now, I have my "personal care" and food spending to an all time low, w/o taking advantage of EB's. I buy only what I absolutely need, and try not to use a lot of products. No cleaning or paper products and finally switched to a cheaper detergent.

Sometimes, I miss the thrill of shopping CVS sales, and I don't fault anyone for doing it... but I'm just curious if you ever compared your spending, or if you really only buy things you would have bought anyway?

Since I still cabinets full of "free" hair products, lotions, cellulite cream and other non essential products, I know that at least I was not doing a very good job of only buying what I truly need!

Also, this is silly, but I never get sick, and the one year I bought Theraflu because it was "free", I got the flu the next month!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OH, how I wish we had a CVS near us! The nearest one is 1 hour and 15 minutes away.

CVS has those HUGE pump bottles (33.8 oz.) of White Rain shampoo and conditioner for less per ounce than any other shampoo-cond. I've found. Plus a lot of other deals I can't get at Rite aid or Walgreens. Argh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You know at times I had wondered if I was spending more on items that I would not use or that were not really needed. I will admit that I have enough shampoo for probably a year but I honestly dont buy much that I do not personally use. If I see a good deal ( that is free or less than .25 cents) that someone in my family will use or that I can donate, I will often buy it. To me the challenge is in being sure the dollar amount of bucks that I get back exceeds any cash outlay. Items such as laundry soap, dish soap, shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant, etc my household always uses. I dont get the items such as contact lense solution, etc again, unless I can pay in full with CVS bucks and still get at least the same amount of bucks back in return. That item is then donated.
    A prime example is the depends type ladies panties three pack. I paid close to 8.00, used only my CVS bucks to buy and got 8 additional bucks back. I have no use for this item but my elderly mother sure does. I think you do have to be careful not to fall into the trap of buying items that cost you out of pocket that you dont need or use. Gotta be very selective!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's just that when you redeem an EB it wasn't "free." I think a lot of people (including me!) add up their purchases and subtract the EB's and think that is the true cost/ savings.

But, you actually paid for those EB's with something you didn't really need. (Notice the free things are almost always makeup). Sure you can get other stuff you do need with the EB's, but most times you can find what you need with a cheaper brand, make your own, or simply go without. In my experience, when you start using EB's and try to maximize coupons, spending increases.

That being said, I really do miss CVS. Maybe I will go and just read magazines!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE CVS but have been taking a break...while I do a good job of getting good deals, we're pretty much at our max for stockpile of toothpaste, feminine products, hair cair stuff, deoderent.....will go back to it in a few months, I'm sure, but for now, enough is enough (though i do miss the 75% shelf).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I haven't conquered CVS yet but today I used some Extra Bucks and got 3.00 off my purchase. This was 3 bucks that I feel I earned by being particular in my purchasing only what items I can use , stockpile or give. I don't have space to store a lot of stuff.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought I was doing great at CVS after I read my slip and it said I spent around $40 and saved over $600. Until I looked at my DS1's slip last night. He has spent 199.39 and has saved $2656.74! Crazy!