Best deal I found this Week - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Giant Eagle had some great deals last week (Saturday). I picked up 6 bottles of Open Pit for .50 each. I started to get 3 and DH put 3 more in the cart he loves this on meat. I also did the deal with Hamburger Helper/ Betty Crocker potatoes. You had to buy 10/ $10 and you got the 11th one free. I used 2 Q's for .75 on the HH and I had 2 Q's for .50 on the potatoes. I ended up paying .45 each. Then I bought 2 bottles of Wisk on sale for $3.99. I used 2 $2 Q's and paid $1.99 each. Everything went into my stockpile.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went to Market Street today. Angus arm roast $2.47/lb and boneless pork chops $1.97/lb. I got a small roast which I'll cut in half and a pack 8 pork chops . Lots of meals for just me. Now I've got to figure out how I'm going to get all this in the freezer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's Red Gold canned tomato product sale week at IGA in the midwest. The marked sale price is $0.89 per 14.5 ounce can (regular price is $1.19), but then the store is offering buy 10, get $5 back at the register, with no limit. That brings them to $0.39 per can. The fancy 10 ounce cans (like Rotel tomatoes) are $0.29 with the discounts. I got I bought 90 cans, and may go back later in the week for more petite diced. That's $107 worth of tomatoes for $35, and will last us about a year, until they go on sale again next fall.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got a couple of cans of Muir Glen organic tomato sauce for .59 a can (15 oz). And a box of Honey Nut Cheerios for .49. Had coupons for both.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our local Ingles grocery store had Purina Cat Chow 3 lb bags BOGO. I also had $1.00 coupons so the cat food only cost me $1.34 per bag. I added these to my stockpile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got three of the large (22 oz.?) tubs of cottage cheese for .98 each. No coupons or anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

At Walgreens with that card they came out with and coupons I ended up getting about $40 worth of vitamins ( D3 and Lutein 20mg ) that I HAVE to take for free with the buy one get one 50% off plus a one day only senior discount of 15% off everything, not just vitamins PLUS $2 coupons on each bottle ( 4 ) AND ended up with about 10,000 points added to the card to use in future which amounts to another $10 later besides the 2 bottles being free. I'm going to like this new card. Totally NOT expecting free.
    Then got another 500 points for picking up my prescription. Total of 13,500 points now for buying stuff I would have bought anyway. No extras.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In Shaw's yesterday, there was a sign that if you bought 5 qualifying Oscar Meyer or CLassen items, you got $5 off your order on the spot. Found some cooked, cubed chicken, $4.99 a package, 5 of them with $2 off stickers. $25 full price, are they kidding? But with the stickers make it $15, less the $5 instant rebate, $10, or $2 a package. THAT I'd pay!

Judi

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kmart-pkg of Sara Lee (12)rolls .99 from $3.99 so I snagged 3 and wished i had grabbed more.

Best deal I Made
    Headphones at Best Buy $79.99
    same at Amazon $64.99
    free shipping over $49. and Amazon points of $28. So $37.
    These are the windows,ps3,360 zompatible one w/ the microphone for skype.

Bought DD Sandra Lee dish set Reg. 49.99 on sale for $44.99 less points and free shipping over $49. a code from retailmenot. So I got 4 matching latte mugs and another $1, off from the sale price. not too shabby.

Kohls had a nice pannini maker for $24.99 and 15% off $50 spent or $25% off $100. but DD didnt want it. If I were thinking I would have gifted me!! I think the sales over but I may look again!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My best deal of this week, last week, and continuing until I either run out of the money to do it or until the promotion ends is getting my gas for about $1.25/gal (today was $1.13.) I've done this 4 times in the past few weeks... I do this by buying gift cards at a grocery store that is doing double gas rewards, and the gift cards I am buying are to Home Depot, which I am then using to pay for my kitchen remodel/repair (Total cost $20k, but paid a big chunk before the promotion started.) I charge $1100 of cards onto my Discover, which gives me 2200 points (because of the current "double" promotion.) Then I go to the gas station to fill up with a $2.20/gal discount (also on my Discover.) Meanwhile, whenever I get $50 in Discover rewards (my anniversary year just rolled over, so working up to 1% again, but maxxed the 5% rewards for 4th quarter by buying $1500 in HD cards at Kohl's...), I can apply that as a statement credit, which means less to pay when the bill comes. (We took a loan for the kitchen, and the money is just sitting in savings until the project is completed, so I get cheap gas, a kickback from Discover, and meanwhile the money is drawing (very miniscule) interest between credit card statements.) Oh, important to note, we're not running a balance on the CC, so no interest. Since I'm spending about 1/3 what I normally would per fill-up, I'm applying the extra money toward the loan, as well as the money saved from the statement credit... it will only be a tiny bit (like 1%) of the principal, but every little bit, right? The goal is to pay off the loan by the end of 2013.

It's been a great deal, but I only have a few fill-ups left before I've used up all the kitchen funds. I'm really gonna miss it when it's gone and I have to go back to "real" gas prices...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aldi's in my area had their Kitchen Living brand 6 quart enameled dutch ovens on clearence for $14.99! They only had a few blue left but I though it was a great deal!

Registered User alaska_tiger_36's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week I found a lot of great deals. Canned green beans and corn - $0.33/can. Plus the grocery store had a coupon spend $50 get $10 off. If I divide that by every item I bought it is an additional $.14/can discount. Making the final cost $0.19/can. I also bought Potatoes for $0.10/pound and milk for $1.99/gallon.

Today I bought 2 pounds of sliced mushrooms for $0.25 each. They are on the dehydrator as I type.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I did pretty good at Publix this week. A few of the better deals>

4-pkges Knorr Sides - Free (I had 2 coupons for 1 free pkge, and they were on BOGO, so was the right time to use those free Cs)
    2- 4 packs of Dannon Fusions- $1 ea (had $1/1 Cs)
    6-DiGiorno Pizzas- $20 (they were on sale 2 for $10. had a B2G1F coupon) YUCKY...will not buy again
    2 Qts Half&Half- $.89 ea after combining mftr & store coupons. I was thrilled with this deal because I MUST have this with my coffee!
    2- boxes 24 ct Lipton Iced Tea Bags - on BOGO sale-$1.89 for both after $1 C. This is WAY up from the usual $2.39 BOGO sale though!

Also got Mueller's pasta for $.55 a box ,Contadina's 12 oz cans tomato sauce on BOGO 2 for $1.25, bought 10 cans w/no Cs, and Birdseye frozen veggies were half price. I also had a $5 off $25 competitor's C. I bought 47 items for a total of $78.17. Not too bad, but honestly would have paid about half that just a couple of years ago. Of course I blame rising prices, and coupons just ain't what they used to be either...UHG!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We eat steel cut oats cooked in the slow cooker with freeze dried fruit every other morning. I have been buying steel cut oats in #10 cans by the case from Honeyville grain when they have a sale. This time I did my research and bought a 50# bag when it was on sale. It cut the price in half! I will be vacuum sealing it in smaller amounts.

My niece's kids like it too. I am going to ask her if she wants to buy some of my most recent purchase.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Victoria secret bombshell bra for my 21yo
    15.99 each they normally are over 50 each

Lip gloss , mints and spray cologne and pair of sweatpants 75% off but were free to me as I had a 20$ reward card ( sweats for Christmas for youngest dd , others for girls Easter basket )

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast