I'm in awe... (of Hannafords)
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I'm in awe... (of Hannafords)

So my DH and I have started our price comparisons again since we recently moved and had a few new stores available to us. Well, we finished week one last night, and although we have refined the process, it is exhausting! (at one point, I contemplated running him over w/ a carriage!)

So it turns out that Hannaford is a major winner. Most of their prices beat Shoprite, S&S, and IGA by a landslide.

One example: We love King Arthur's Flour, but it is expensive.
    We have been buying it at Shoprite at 1.06 lb (5.29 bag). It turns out that S&S sells it for 89.8 lb, but at Hannaford it goes for .58/ lb (2.90 bag!) And that is not a sale price!

Another example is milk. A gallon of skim milk is 3.09 at Shop Rite, 2.59 at S&S, 3.79 at IGA, 2.49 at Aldi, and 2.23 Hannaford!

So, today I googled Hannaford to see if I can get any store info, sign up for a rewards card, etc. and see that they have a online app where you can look up prices (and they are accurate!), create shopping lists, and be emailed when your favorite items go on sale. This is simply amazing to me. I have never seen a grocery story publish accurate prices online that are valid in store!

Best of all, Hannaford is the store closet to me and doesn't involve a $1 toll to get home like Shoprite!)

This is going to make my life SO MUCH easier!

(the only problem is that hannaford is much prettier than shoprite and i will have to work harder to resist temptation of the amazing organic/healthfood section and stick to the basics!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I shop at hannafords and i always find really good deals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In my area....Hannaford is one of the more expensive stores in the area...Aldi's is one of the cheapest, and we have another store similar to aldi's called Price Rite...and they are even cheaper sometimes. I do shop at Hannaford occassionally because it is closest to my home and it's also in the same plaza that I work in....so it's the convience factor! THey do have a wonderful store though, and some of their sales can be really great too!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our Hannaford is almost a year old & so nice to have a store I can walk to. It is neat to be able to know the prices before you go and that many items the price stays the same & it's not a bad price like the milk you mentioned. They are high on some things but I know what stores to get a better deal and stock up on those that are non perishable when I do go to them. They don't do bogo sales or double coupons. But again I know the stores that do and sometimes take advantage if the deal is worth the trip. Lines aren't long and move quickly when they are.
    Our is one of their smaller stores, more eco friendly and for such a small store it's amazing the variety of items they carry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do all my shopping at Hannaford. Aldi is too far away and I refuse to shop at the other local grocery store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish my Hannaford sold milk that cheap. I pay close to $3.70 a gallon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm surprised that NY prices beat ME! And at least you can go to NH for big purchases! Our sales tax is 8.1%. NY even charges us sales tax for all online purchases and taxes on all clothes, even under $50. I miss New England!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our Hannaford is so expensive I quit shopping there 4.99 for 4 sticks of butter is more then I want to pay. We do all our shopping at the commissary and Walmart and Save A Lot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow it is $2.99 at my store! Where you live?
    There is a lot of competition in my area. that must drive down prices...

I've seen butter at S&S for 2.50 lb (GV brand) but they are usually out of stock!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was at a Hanaford yesterday and Maxwell House Coffee the small can was $5.99 That same can at the Commissary is 2.99 and Walmart 3.99 Walgreen's had it last week for 2.79 just seems Hanaford has gotton more expensive on some items some are cheaper .I'm in Central Maine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for your post, I didn't realize there is a Hannaford's closer than the one I shopped at while a loved one was in the nursing home!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know why milk is more expensive in Maine than NY. I am sure that we have just as many dairy farms here.

Big sigh. And now milk is cheaper than gas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here in NH Hannaford is a nicer store, but Demoulas Market Basket beats their prices 9 times out of 10.....and I am always SHOCKED at how high the prices on mnay items at the Super Walmart are for groceries, Demoulas beats them AGAIN! They never double coupons, which is always a bummer, but they have the best deals around.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it depends on area. Here Hannafords is high end lol and wayyyy too expensive and Shop rite is cheaper. Hannafords is nice for harder to find things though.