What's your favorite food(s) from Aldi's?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What's your favorite food(s) from Aldi's?

I don't frequent Aldi's often enough to know what's good and what to avoid because it's horrible. Anyone want to share what they frequently buy there?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Only thing I have not like is their fresh meat. But I am picky about the taste of my meat and do not like the fresh from walmart of the big chain grocery store. Love it from local ( maybe a local regional chain) grocery store that still has an in house butcher.

And I had an allergic reaction to their Grandessa spaghetti. sauce, so I avoid that. My doc says that is to bad because that is her favorite brand of spaghetti sauce.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy produce, real butter, eggs, baking supplies and canned goods like veggies and fruit and yogurt for smoothies. I only buy meat at Sams or Costco, but a few weeks ago I purchased one pound of extra lean ground beef and it was better than Sams.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I avoid their meats...but buy just about anything else.~no tuna either.
    never tried the spaghetti sauce..I make my own.
    Good buys for me are: garbage bags and baggies, steak sauce is cheap cheap. Honey is a good price.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love their potato chips, but hate their corn chips. Trash bags are a good deal there too. Bread and snacks are all good.

So far I have tried a variety of the ALDI's name brands and the only thing I didn't like was corn chips.

I prefer the ALDI's brands to some of the national brands and to all of the store brands. I don't let myself get the chips often as I will eat the whole bag in one sitting.

If you are a couponer you can get better deals at your chain store, but if you don't coupon ALDI's is by far the way to go.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I mostly buy produce but I have been very pleased with their cheeses, AP flour, spices, and imported cookies. I bought some boneless turkey breasts at thanksgiving and they were fine. DH likes the yogurt. I wish they would get the sweet potato fries back, they were very good.

I was less than impressed with the flavored rice/noodle mixes. I found them bland, and the cheesy ones say "add your own cheese" which kind of defeats the purpose in buying a boxed mix. I tried the asian egg rolls and did not like them. Will probably toss the rest of the box. DH did not like the Clancy's brand chips. Said they were "nasty".
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Registered User thesightofoneself's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

water bottles

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy almost all my canned veggies , bottled water, cake mixes , spices, cereal, milk , crackers , butter , eggs, sour cream, shredded cheese, taco shells, garbage bags, sandwich bags, most all produce , cheeses, chicken breast, turkey...they have wonderful seasonal buys ,and OMG...the chocolate is wonderful!! good, cheap german chocolate!!! the only thing I haven't liked is their canned soups...Milk there is $1.79 / gallon!!! I do all of my shopping there first and what I can't find there, my next stop is WM..that is all we have in our small town.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    I mostly buy produce but I have been very pleased with their cheeses, AP flour, spices, and imported cookies. I bought some boneless turkey breasts at thanksgiving and they were fine. DH likes the yogurt. I wish they would get the sweet potato fries back, they were very good.

I was less than impressed with the flavored rice/noodle mixes. I found them bland, and the cheesy ones say "add your own cheese" which kind of defeats the purpose in buying a boxed mix. I tried the asian egg rolls and did not like them. Will probably toss the rest of the box. DH did not like the Clancy's brand chips. Said they were "nasty".
    I saw sweet potato tots there the other day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by lovestoread View Post
    I buy almost all my canned veggies , bottled water, cake mixes , spices, cereal, milk , crackers , butter , eggs, sour cream, shredded cheese, taco shells, garbage bags, sandwich bags, most all produce , cheeses, chicken breast, turkey...they have wonderful seasonal buys ,and OMG...the chocolate is wonderful!! good, cheap german chocolate!!! the only thing I haven't liked is their canned soups...Milk there is $1.79 / gallon!!! I do all of my shopping there first and what I can't find there, my next stop is WM..that is all we have in our small town.
    I'm super jealous of your Aldi's price for a gallon of milk At my Aldi's milk is $3.32 a gallon

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We like their apples, extra virgin olive oil, steak seasoning & trash bags. I'm certain there are many other items we've bought before & had no problems with. However, we shop there rarely since its 45mins away & try to double coupon at local stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the orange chicken. I buy a lot of their produce, eggs, dairy. I watch prices carefully though. Some things are more there than other places. Some things are reasonable. Milk is $3.09/gal. Eggs are $1.19/doz. I bought a pineapple there today for $1.39. When I cut it I will plant the top in the ground to grow a new pineapple.

I prefer to buy potatoes at Savealot because they are less than Aldi. I bought apples at Aldi today and then found them $1 cheaper for the same size bag at savealot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i only buy and use and like the following:
    bottled water
    fit and active string cheese (very good...)
    dried beans
    canola oil

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, the store is 20 minutes one-way if I just travel there to look around but it's only a mile out of my way if I swing thru after work on my way home. So thank you all for helping me create a list because I'll be on a tighter timeline; so with your help I can be more direct about what I'm there to pick up!

Keep additional thoughts coming! I appreciate it.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    I saw sweet potato tots there the other day.
    Ooooh! Thanks, I will have to look for those this weekend.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast