used walmart saving catcher for the first time - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I cashed in my savings from August-December. Grand total of $9. Like I said, I already know who has the best price on most everything I buy regularly and we do the bulk of our shopping in other stores anyway so it's about what I expected. I'll take it though! It's definitely worth the 20 seconds of effort to get the site up and type in my receipt code.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

NikoSan, how are you saving so much at Walmart? Do they price match Publix bogo's? I stopped going to Walmart years ago because of all the flack I got over coupons. Have things gotten better? Thanks for your help.😊

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use the Walmart Savings catcher all the time since most of my shopping is done at Walmart. Even better is you get DOUBLE back if you have the Bluebird American Express card.

You can link them together and waala free money! The bluebird card is available at walmart and I think till the end of February it's free (no initial charge) and all you have to do is load $1 on it. Check into it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia View Post
    NikoSan, how are you saving so much at Walmart? Do they price match Publix bogo's? I stopped going to Walmart years ago because of all the flack I got over coupons. Have things gotten better? Thanks for your help.
    I'm sorry ... I didn't see this until today. Yes, I was price matching Publix BOGO's among all the other stores. But Publix and Winn Dixies added to it. However their store coupon policy changed in ... October??? ... think October and supposedly they will still do the match for the BOGO's but only at the other stores price. But also hear that it's up to the individual Walmart managers whether they do that or continue to do it at Walmarts price.

I haven't tried it since then. I had SO SO SO much stuff from doing it before the coupon policy change I haven't bought much. I keep saying I'm going to take a sale paper with me from Publix the next time I go and try to do just a couple BOGO's and see what mine is doing with it. If I have to pay Publix price I may as well go to Publix. But also understand that other than BOGO's it's still the same.

I would say in about 3 months I bought more than $1000 in groceries...between $1000 and $1400 ( lost some receipts ) and I paid probably $300 to $375 in money. Yeah...takes time but SO worth it.
    And that includes meat, milk, veggies and fruit...frozen, fresh and canned.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks NikoSan.....and I couldn't agree more about it being worth it. It just used to be so much better, not to mention easier. Now even Publix has their new coup policy, making it more difficult to save. I never paid more than $45 for about $100-$120 worth of groceries in Publix. With the bogo deals and coupons it was a cinch. Now even Target coupons have changed to read "one per customer"! they were my biggest savings tool combining with MCs on bogo's at Publix. SIGH! anyway, glad you're still finding deals. I enjoy your posts!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia View Post
    Thanks NikoSan.....and I couldn't agree more about it being worth it. It just used to be so much better, not to mention easier. Now even Publix has their new coup policy, making it more difficult to save. I never paid more than $45 for about $100-$120 worth of groceries in Publix. With the bogo deals and coupons it was a cinch. Now even Target coupons have changed to read "one per customer"! they were my biggest savings tool combining with MCs on bogo's at Publix. SIGH! anyway, glad you're still finding deals. I enjoy your posts!

Theresa
    Theresa...you do know that Publix will take a manufacturers coupon along with their Green Advantage Publix coupons don't you? Or any other Publix coupon also. They'll take both of them on one single item.

And also take 2 coupons on the BOGO's? One for the one you're buying and one on the free one. If there happens to also be a Publix coupon on top of it then you can use 4 coupons on the BOGO. 2 manufacture and 2 Publix
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was really surprised to get the following email from Walmart yesterday:

"We checked again and found new savings for you. For your previously submitted receipt 32106936298804600685 on 2014-12-29, we found one or more lower prices. This means $0.25 has been added to your Reward Dollars balance."

Sure enough, the gave me an extra quarter on Savings Catcher for a 3 week old receipt!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I used the savings catcher for the first time this weekend.
    I just checked, and I have a whole $1.03!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I gave it a go out of curiosity, knowing full well that a few items I bought were a bit cheaper on sale at the grocery store I primarily use. I got a whopping .01 back and Walmart did not 'savings catch' the roughly $2 I would have saved shopping at the other place, despite the fact it's a major chain in the area and one town over. I will input receipts the once in a while I shop there 'just in case' but frankly, the results of my little experiment were a bit disappointing. I now know that the one I visited does NOT price match my preferred local grocery store. It was the Walmart in Amherst, NH, and I'm referring to the Market Basket nearby in Milford, for any other New Englanders wondering.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~If I shop at my local WM, the compared competitors is usually 2 and up to 5. Not much choice out here. The big city WM has given me 6-8 competitors even though within a 5 mile radius, there are dozens of competitors. The ones they list in the comparison prices section are ones within a mile or two of that WM.
    Khaski, I think the "one town over" thing is why you didn't see the savings. In my experience, they only compare stores in the immediate area of the WM used. ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12