More than 11,000 pounds of chicken and sausage recalled
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default More than 11,000 pounds of chicken and sausage recalled

https://myfox8.com/2018/12/31/more-t...contamination/

R. L. Zeigler Co., Inc., is recalling more than 11,000 pounds of ready-to-eat poultry and meat sausage products due to possible metal contamination.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's sad, all of the waste.

I often see staff at our local supermarket loading large steel-wire carts with meat and poultry that has reached it's best before date, and all ends up in the garbage. I firmly believe a good portion of consumers are oblivious to how much waste is produced each day.

Just knowing how many people go hungry, I've often thought, there must be a better way.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree it's sad how much food goes to waste. But if the meat dept is throwing it away by the cartload before it sells then the manager of that dept is not doing his job right. A good manager has a feel for what the locals are buying and what the seasonal demand is and should be able to minimize wastage like that. Around here they mark it down a few days before it goes, and some of the stores freeze it on the last day and then donate to shelters and food pantries. I think that could be more widespread, but I recognize that the logistics are problematic in some places. (getting the food to where it is needed on time)
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    I agree it's sad how much food goes to waste. But if the meat dept is throwing it away by the cartload before it sells then the manager of that dept is not doing his job right. A good manager has a feel for what the locals are buying and what the seasonal demand is and should be able to minimize wastage like that. Around here they mark it down a few days before it goes, and some of the stores freeze it on the last day and then donate to shelters and food pantries. I think that could be more widespread, but I recognize that the logistics are problematic in some places. (getting the food to where it is needed on time)
    I love the idea behind donating due foods to organizations that help those in need, and it makes total sense. Wish there was more of that sort of thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes so much waste and even all the fresh veggies etc that don't make it to the stores because they aren't perfect so people don't want them. In France they bought in laws about that and you can buy them cheaper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by marthamfi View Post
    yes so much waste and even all the fresh veggies etc that don't make it to the stores because they aren't perfect so people don't want them. In France they bought in laws about that and you can buy them cheaper.
    Hi, Martha.

I love that law! I don't know where all went wrong, but society has become so, so wasteful. Same goes for those who water their lawns with a blind-eye to water restrictions and water woes, all in the name of having a rich green lawn. Society (as a whole) is very superficial and shallow in many regards.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes why do the fruit and veggies have to be perfect. and then it is training a generation of that it all has to be like that. caught my kids ready to throw out an apple with just a little mark.. no way first world problems and they wouldn't eat the ones from the tree out back because yuck .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by marthamfi View Post
    yes why do the fruit and veggies have to be perfect. and then it is training a generation of that it all has to be like that. caught my kids ready to throw out an apple with just a little mark.. no way first world problems and they wouldn't eat the ones from the tree out back because yuck .
    It's shameful to say the least. The only thing I see is a perpetual cycle of waste that seems to be gaining more and more momentum as each day passes, and a set of degenerate values, that, from all that I can see, continue to spiral out of control. As we fail, generation after generation, the likelihood of reversing the doomsday clock seems less and less probable all the time, while government and corporate greed continues to dominate the front, materialism continues to flourish, and the larger than life concept that all things (including life) is disposable, is what resounds as today's equivalent of our daily bread.