America’s meat shortage is more serious than your missing hamburgers - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In May both Organic Prairie and Vital Choice Seafood ran very low on staples I buy. They are in better shape now. The last thing I want to do is stock up before hurricane season ends so I'm eating everything in the freezer, then stocking up on November 1.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD 50 miles to Aldi's....oh my.....I have one just around the corner....haven't been in six months and I miss it....I miss shopping....but we are still in red zone so I'm staying in....
    Husband has been doing a good job keeping our supply up and running....he is getting really good at this shopping.....Sunday he had to go back into Walgreen twice to get the order straight....I said just forget it....but he said no and he went in and got it straighten out....and he didn't get upset....that's an improvement.....he really hates shopping....

Registered User miteigenenhaenden's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your supply situation reads terribly!
    We have everything at the moment, only some things have become more expensive.

I think it's amazing that you're already thinking about turkeys. But it is probably necessary.

After the supply situation with us in the spring was worse due to the exaggerated purchases of some people, I also have more supplies at home.
    Toilet paper can now be carried across the street again.
    Best regards, miteigenenhaenden
    www.miteigenenhaenden.wordpress.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think it varies a lot depending on the part of the country. We are doing pretty good for food availability. There were limits on how much meat you could buy for a few weeks, but they are lifted.

For a month or two dry beans were out, probably because people were stocking up on them.

The only thing that is really unavailable is disinfect wipes. I have not seen them for months.
    KathyB

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Miteigenenhaenden I am glad to hear you have all your supplies at home. Our stores have plenty of food now, not every shelf is full but there is enough for everyone. I have only recently seen wipes, and it was a new brand. Very few of the regular cleaners around.

I live between two states. One has a mask mandate, the other does not. One governor says they will shut down restaurants and shops again if it does not get better, the other says people can do what they want, but be responsible, they will not close businesses again.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Registered User miteigenenhaenden's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Because of the disinfectant wipes:
    We didn't have that for a long time, nor did we have a liquid disinfectant, but now we have everything.

The government says that washing green hands with soap for 30 seconds is as effective as disinfectant.
    Washing hands and keeping our distance is what is said everywhere, is on large posters and on TV, how an advertisement is broadcast.

I only use disinfectants where I have no way of washing my hands. For example after shopping in the parking lot in front of my car.

I don't use disinfectant in my apartment.
    Best regards, miteigenenhaenden
    www.miteigenenhaenden.wordpress.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At the food shelf, in the freezer, we have a record number of boxes of meat all donated from the supermarket. We are giving it out heavily. What I am seeing is a lot of beef, chicken, and sausages, very little pork. Not sure why.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We get our groceries delivered then wipe them down. Not fresh fruit and veggies. But we wipe off boxes, cans and plastic bags.

That is generally all we use it for.
    KathyB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123