What will the Easter Bunny be bringing this year?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What will the Easter Bunny be bringing this year?

I have an 11dd and 13ds. Of course they are way past the Easter Bunny believing stage but they still get a basket each year. I try to get them things that they both need and want, within reason. Plus they get some of their favorite candy. I also make a nest for the dining room table of all our favorite candies too. I would love to hear what you all do for Easter too. Maybe I can get some good ideas!!!

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I usually get Wesley a nice basket that can be used for storage around the house. I get an Easter bunny, maybe a few other small bits of candy, but nothing too major. Usually, he gets a new DVD (thinking Oliver and Company or the Rescuers Down Under this year) along with a few other things. This year, he's get a Little Einsteins t-shirt, Little Einsteins pajamas, Little Einsteins aquadoodle that I found for 3.99 a piece as well as some Diego bubble bath that was on sale for a quarter.

I also hide Easter Eggs with a bit of candy in them or some change.
    Last edited by McD; 02-28-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: forgot something

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't know... but that Bunny better be leaving me MONEY!!!

I haven't put much thought in to what to give DD this year because everytime we turn around, something is taking money out of us... school, Communion Veil, school, birthday party to plan, school, car repairs, school ... did I mention that the school is asking for money??

I will most likely do what I have been doing. A chocolate bunny (the GOOD kind), sidewalk chalk, bubbles -- small outside things. Hide the plastic eggs (with clues to the next egg and eventually the basket).

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a coupon for free lotion at Victoria's secret, so dd will get that. . . a handful of candy. . . . and a couple of religious books (dd is 19)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hmm dont know at 16 and 12 I think Im just going to buy 1 large bag of choc eggs and hide very well for them to find. and make their fav dinner.

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DD actually came right out and said "Just because I'm 15 doesn't mean I'm not expecting an Easter basket." I had not gotten her anything for Valentines as she had been talking about being too old for things like that. Go figure teenagers haha
    So I'll do the usaually jellybeans and marshmellow chicks. Then theres a pair of star earrings I saw on a sale rack the other day. Her current favorite item.
    Its DH whos the hard one to find a goodie for.

LAurie in Bradenton

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The Easter Bunny doesn't visit our house anymore...all of our kids are adults. But, we do have an annual Easter Egg hunt for all of the grandkids. I have more fun than they do, I think ! We hide 350 candy filled eggs of various sizes and they have a blast...grandma (meaning me) is a re-user though so they have to empty their eggs & give the eggs back to me so I can use them again the next year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We do an easter egg hunt at one of the great grandma's house and the kids get so much candy and change in those easter eggs, that I usually try to shy away from doing candy in thier baskets.

But they'll get a chocolate bunny, then a few small pieces of candy. Other than that, I am out of ideas. I am trying to think of creative ideas that they need or would really like, but I don't normally buy. So I was thinking about bath toys (the toys they have are way old) and maybe some "kid specific" toothpaste. If I don't come up with anything creative, it'll be the old standby toys for spring like chaulk and bubbles!

I also get my nieces and nephews a little something each year, so I'll have to find something for them too!

Registered User thesightofoneself's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i dont do anything.
    Last edited by thesightofoneself; 03-01-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Even though DS is 18, he always wants a chocolate Easter bunny. The real chocolate kind. He says that is the best chocolate there is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh how I miss the Easter egg hunts. We used to have a big one every year at my parents house for all the grandkids. Those stopped about 4 years ago because of a stupid family arguement. UGH! Plus we moved away from all family 3 years ago because of my husbands job. It's just the four of us now but I hold out hope for grandkids someday (a long time from now! LOL!) and I will bring back this tradition!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My kids are 11 and 17 so they no longer believe in the Easter bunny. I told them we are not doing anything for Easter since we are going away at the end of April and every penny is being saved to go towards trip expenses. My DD17 is unhappy to miss out on candy I did buy them each a package of Easter creme eggs. That will be all they are getting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Chocolate and a toothbrush.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My kids are all older, so they will get a few chocolates, and then things they can use....like movie tickets, gift card for games, body wash....such as that. My oldes ds is also a pen and pencil nut....always wants new ones....so I will be looking for those in the next few weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a few Lego sets we picked up at after-Christmas clearance sales that will go in the boys' baskets. My girls get a DVD or video game. Dd16 has requested The Dark Knit. Dd14 hasn't said what she'd like.

Other than that, it's the usual jelly beans (I scored on some without Red40 at the dollar store last week), chocolate, and small trinkets.

I need to figure out what I'm going to put their stuff in this year. Every year I put it in something...not an easter basket. Something they can use. One year the girls' stuff were in a purse and the boys in dump trucks. I haven't decided what I will do this year....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast