Easter

Thread: Easter

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Easter

Holy week has always been special for me. This year I finally found a home church and have been so blessed by it.

Do you have anything special planned for Easter. I'll probably drive (60 miles each way) to Whole foods for a ham and have a few people here.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm off all week and I'm planning, aside from much needed house cleaning, just a low key relaxing week, no company. I'm thinking of getting a ham too - it's been a long time since I cooked one. I'll check out the ads and see what the sale prices are like.

I would also like to use the free time to do some cooking ahead to freeze, but somehow I don't think that will happen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we are ditching the ham this year and doing steak for a meal. I will prob. make a cake. maybe cupcakes instead.
    No parties/visits planned
    We dont have a church anymore and I miss it so maybe visit a church

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We're having a Ukrainian Easter, thanks to a visit from my Ukrainian friend. I hear there will be perogies, kiebasa, sauerkraut, cabbage rolls, and cheesecake - all gluten free. Breakfast will be boiled eggs, headcheese, beet and horseradish relish, babka (that will have gluten!), cheese, and fruit. We will be full.

eta: aside from that we'll be attending a Good Friday and Easter Sunday service. I wanted to do Maundy Thursday, but I don't have a way to get there, and my friend arrives right when the service would be.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so excited a out Easter this year. I have an egg hunt planned with my daughter. I've been wanting to do that since she was born (she'll be three at the end of April).
    We are also going for a huge brunch at my Aunt's place. She agreed to a potluck style (less stress for everyone) and I'll be making two stratas, thinking a meat/cheese lovers and a spring veggie version.
    So looking forward to time spent together and the good food and chocolate of course!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Easter lunch is at my house - there will be 15 of us.
    One brother is bringing pulled pork.
    Other brother - chocolate cake.
    Stepmother - coleslaw and banana pudding.
    Sister - hamburger buns and chips.
    Me - potato salad and baked beans.

We'll hide eggs for the children, eat way too much, and enjoy each other's company.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am having Easter lunch at my house for the first time this year. We are doing turkey, ham, salads, rolls, carrot cake for dessert. My parents, grandparents, sibling and SOs family will be joining us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DS will be home for the weekend so I've bought a ham and we'll have that plus some good sides---not sure what yet.

On Sunday we'll go to church and celebrate our Savior's resurrection.

A happy time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dad is working, my brother is working- just the 4 of us this year, then. I'm a bit bummed there's too much snow for an outdoor egg hunt. Hiding eggs indoors in our little ranch is less of a challenge for the kiddos now that they're a bit older! Making monkey bread for breakfast, will do a ham dinner. I'm doing carrot soufflé (well, it's not really, but that's what it's called), homemade scalloped potatoes, rolls and side salad. I'm making a chocolate coconut pie for dessert. We picked up a family movie to watch together that evening. Basket goodies are all purchased though I just realized I need to check our supply of plastic, fillable eggs! We do not belong to a church. It will be a low-key, casual day, which are my favorite types of holidays.

Poor DD6 was almost in tears today that neither Grandpa nor Uncle will be making it as they're our only family in the area . Ah well, sometimes it goes that way! Promises of morning monkey bread helped divert her attention a bit and I promised we'd call them that day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Easter is developing here. We have a friend from South Korea coming over as well, and possibly a friend who's healing from knee surgery. We'll see. We do not have a main floor bath, and I don't want her to wreck the surgeon's job going up and down our steep stairs. BUT I also don't want her to be alone at Easter. I'm hoping her son and his girlfriend invite her out to their place, but am doubtful. We shall see...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Breakfast at church. Then church service. Then home for a nice lunch ( our traditional ham loaf)

My mom will be up for the day.

Halfway between the Wolverines and the Spartans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I actually have the day off from work (first weekend day I've had off in about 2 months!) We got a smoked ham from a local farm, so we'll have that. Just the 3 of us, so the day will be lovely and drama-free

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My grandson in college has to work Sat. nite but he wants to come home and bring a friend from Germany with him...so, my daughter expects them about 11 Sat. nite and they have to leave Sunday at 11 in order for him to get back to school and go to work at 1....my other grandson and girlfriend both have to work at 4......so, we decided to do brunch at 10....but, now my son in law is having a kidney stone attack.....spent last nite in ER....going back to dr. tmr. and will see what he says.....so, don't know if we are having brunch or not.....We haven't been to church all winter as I can't be around crowds during flu season so am hoping we can go on Sunday....problem is everyone wants to hug and kiss you.....

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

There! I gave you a virtual hug bookwormpeg, and hopefully germ free...depending on your keyboard. At least it will be your germs.

I hear you about church. If I've got anything, or I hear anything bad is going around, I just don't go. I managed to make it this far through the winter and not catch anything. Knock on wood.

Well, we had another wrinkle in our Easter plans. The boarder texted me yesterday that she's coming home for the weekend. Hmm...could get interesting. She doesn't like the lady that's spending Easter with us. BUT maybe that means she'll spend all her time over at her boyfriend's. She is diplomatic in regards to this woman, and just disappears downstairs whenever she's around, or goes out. It's her choice.

So Easter has mushroomed from just DH and I to 3 or 4 other women in the household. Poor DH is going to feel outnumbered.