How much will you spend on Easter?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question How much will you spend on Easter?

Our kids still enjoy getting candy and they want to continue to have the easter egg hunt. I went out on Mon. and was able to purchase some Easter candy for just under $6.

How much have you spent this year?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm doing my shopping tomorrow. I will buy for dd and for my brother that is in the nursing home. I expect to spend less than $10 on candy and junk. However I will also be looking for my brother a new housecoat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We use the same baskets each year and same easter grass. So all I needed to add was some candy and a small treat. totall for all kids I spent about $7

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Does the candy that you've already eaten count? Hmmm...I will not buy anymore Easter candy for us, but I have spent about $6.00.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mommy2many, we used to do that too. In fact I think I still have baskets around here someplace.....

I'm not spending a dime on Easter this year other than maybe buying a ham. Can't wait till I have grandkids....I'll go nuts then.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we don't celebrate easter at all. It's a holiday here, naturally, but aside from buying easter eggs and rabbits most people just enjoy the 4 day weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not a thing. Mom might send some easter stuff, but we'll be going to a church breakfast (most likely) and the kids will be doing an easter egg hunt there after service (plastic candy filled eggs) so I don't think we will get them any candy baskets this year. I did though buy a ham to cook for dinner ... that was a whopping 4.XX

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've spent less than $10 for two kiddos. however that doesn't include money I spend on food for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i have spent close to 50.00, but before y'all have heartattacks, let me tell ya whats going into their easter baskets. i got both of them a wall crucifix to hang in their room. both are about 6 inches or so in length and made of nice wood. those together cost about 30.00. then for a little less than 10 i got a set of resurection eggs at walmart. it's a dozen plastic eggs that have a token inside to help tell the Easter story as well as a little book to explain each token and bible verses to look up. the last 10 went to chocolate bunnies, bubble solution for the big bubble tumbler set i had leftover from clearance shopping at christmas, and a veggiestales dvd from sam's club. there are also a couple of small toys going in them that i had from my stash from clearance sales and good deal finds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make up a small basket for Alex. This year she wants the dvd to The Incredibles.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If I told y'all, I'm afraid I would be banished from the *frugal* Village.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing, as for our family Easter is strictly a religious holiday. My mom usually buys them each a small chocolate egg and my MIL brings them back a new outfit from Florida.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't really spend any money on Easter. I did buy a package of Nestle solid chocolate eggs for $1.99. We already ate all of them

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Easter Bunny is scheduled to make a stop here for my 18 & 20 yr. old.lol. Haven't spoken to him but we sub-contracted this job out to him for less than $10. Anything over budget I'm not paying for.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For DD, we bought an premade Easter basket that's actually a toy shopping cart with a stuffed bunny and candy in it. That was $10 at Odd Lots. (We had planned to use her regular basket, but, this one was just too cute to pass up!) We also bought her an Easter DVD, which was about $12.

For the family lunch gathering at my aunt's house, I'll probably bake a cake-- mostly from the pantry, but I might need to get a few ingredients if I try this new recipe I have. (A layered cake that you make in a punchbowl-- it sounds yummy!)

For our supper, I bought a $13 ham, and the rest of the meal will be from the pantry.

DD's dress was $8.90 on sale.

Add in a few odds and ends-- cards sent to grandmas and my secret sister, ChemoAngel packages with $1 stuffed animals and candy, etc-- that's probably about another $15.

All together, Easter will cost us about $60.    Not such a frugal holiday, but, Easter is one of my favorites and I always tend to go overboard... this is much less than I could have spent! 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast