prepackaged Easter baskets
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default prepackaged Easter baskets

I don't remember seeing this question, so I'll ask: How many of you will be putting together your children's Easter baskets & how many of you will be buying the already packaged baskets?
    I always buy individual items for each kiddo & then stuff their baskets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always do them myself. It seems like the prepackaged ones I've seen don't have much to them that my kids would like (except for lots of candy)--seems like lots of plastic "stuff", but maybe I just haven't been looking at the right ones. I sure could use a nice prepackaged one this year as we are moving and both of my ds's have April birthdays. It seems like Easter baskets are always an after thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i agree there aint much in the ones they sell here to on the stores and too exspensive for whats in them.
    I made my own baskets with what i want in them. Mostly whoppers, choc eggs(foil), p.b. squares, anything cheap enough to put in the lg platic eggs to find plus one choc bunny(solid). Thats from the bunny, fro me and hubby each a game(gamecube)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've never bought a pre-made Easter basket. It's so much more fun to do it myself, that way I can personalize it to each childs likes/dislikes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have never purchased the premade Easter baskets. They never have much in them, just 5 oz. or so of candy, and some plastic junk, for about $14.99.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMom View Post
    I've never bought a pre-made Easter basket. It's so much more fun to do it myself, that way I can personalize it to each childs likes/dislikes.
    Same here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't actually do baskets because the girls get one from my parents and my in-laws. So Philip and I put some candy in plastic eggs for an At Home egg hunt. We always have a great time.
    That said, I would put together their baskets myself, if we did that. I may sometime in the future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought easter pails years ago for 25 cents each, it's like an ice cream bucket but they are diffferent colours and have a picture on them. Every year I fill them myself with colouring books(crosswords for the bigger kids), markers, stickers, tattoos, bath stuff, silly putty, small stuffed bunnies whatever the kids might like. I have never spent more than $10 for each. I also fill the plastic eggs with candy for an easter egg hunt. I spent $3 for all the candy, I bought it after easter last year, this year I'll do the same thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not baskets, but I bought some prefilled eggs last yr. I could not resist. They were so cheap. I'm embarrassed to even admit it. lol

I filled my own too, but still. I feel like a sucker, but they were so adorable. Cute perfect little pastel eggs. All wrapped to perfection and saying pick me pick me....We're fast, easy, and convenient. We're 12 less to fill. You know you want us.

My true so not frugal confession for the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have never bought the pre-packaged ones. I always fill my own. I save the baskets and use the same ones each year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dont not like prepacked ones, they look so cheap and besides all kids know the easter bunny is supose to put stuff in the basket you put out for him.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've never bought the prefilled baskets, either. I've looked at some, though-- this year I saw one filled with Dora stuff that DD would probably like, and it wasn't just junk. But, I stuck with the candy, religious book, and play-doh that I'd already bought her to fill her regular basket. DS will get fruit bites and a hat in his.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have never bought a prefilled basket. I always did it myself. I still make a basket for my DD even though she is 13. This year I didn't even know what happened to the basket I used for her, so I bought her a new baseball cap, she likes to wear those sometimes, put a little grass in it and put some candy in it. I thought that was more frugal to buy the hat so she can wear it this summer. Also bought her a new portable CD player. They aren't that expensive and she goes through 2 a year because of such hard use. She can't seem to go anywhere without it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have never bought a pre-made basket. I can personalize it the way I want to suit the person. Hey, everyone is different right? But I am glad that there are pre-made ones for folks that don't have time. It can be a great help!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have always made my own for the kids. I remember when I was a child, those baskets with a huge wad of balled up paper, covered in grass, with a few doodads and some candy taped over.I try to be creative. This year, the girls' "baskets" were actually purses filled with hair care stuff, lip glosses and a little candy.They were really happy with them.

Take care,
    Susan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast