Inexpensive Easter Gifts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Inexpensive Easter Gifts

Looking for little gift suggestions. Often I purchase outdoor plants for my parents at Easter, but this year its just too earlier. I could give a card saying plants will be delivered later, but prefer finding something else they would enjoy. Planning on $15 or so. Also need something for sister & nephews (ages 7 & 18) for around $5 each. The amounts are small, but work well for our family. Hope to have a list of suggestions before I go shopping... please share you thoughts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

there's always candy!

but if you want something else, why not a mini-easter tree?
    make your own ornaments or candies tailored to the person on a mini bush/tree/flower/plant for INdoors.
    or the tree doesnt even have to be real. but hang something from the branches (candy, seeds, mini-certificates, etc.)

make homemade cards with "gift certificates". (homemade gift cert)

jar of hm cookies, mixes, brownies, soups - using easter-like colours
    or make a jar of potpourri with dried flowers/leaves/twigs (think cinna-bark).

cupcakes even with pastel coloured icings, even a marbled look (like dyed eggs).

those are just generic sort of gifts.

think more towards the recipient (your parents) and maybe make a collective gift or individual gifts and tailor the gift(s ) that way.

good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have never given anyone anything or easter. Do a lot of people do this?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i know a lot of people who feel that holidays represent the giving/receiving of tangible gifts.

i dont personally do this, but i'm aware of many who do for Easter.
    the old "easter basket" filled with sweets is what we do for the small kiddies.

but i know lots of others who do. so, why not, i guess.

i'm just full of creative ideas...
    maybe i should write a book or something! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

outdoor plants for your parents sounds very nice !!!

one year on my grandmothers birthday I planted flowers in her front yard... for her... she just loved it ( her health wasn't too good). One year I cleaned her house top to bottom for her ( took days) ....... she loved that too.

Sounds like you'll come up with something really good !!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm spending Easter weekend with my daughter and her family (5 grandchildren ages 15 through 3). I'm planning on several crafts to do with the kids, including making cards for their parents, making coupons to put in each others' Easter baskets, creating an Easter tree, making egg holders from a paper towel core, and making some "Victorian" eggs by covering styrofoam eggs with potpourri.

We'll also do a bunch of cooking together. One of the 15-year-old boys likes spinach dip, so I'm introducing him to spinach/artichoke dip, and he will learn to make it. We'll also make Italian Easter breads, a fruit salad, and a Peeps cake. The 12-year old girl loves little bug things, so I'm going to teach her to make Ladybug appetizers. And the 10-year-old boy will help me make bunny biscuits.

I have some ideas for the Easter tree, but I want to hang more than eggs on it. I'm thinking of tiny nests with little chicks, and maybe some flowers and leaves - spring like. I'm open to any ideas for tiny things to make to hang on the Easter tree, if anyone can think of something I haven't mentioned.

Desideria

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We give small gifts and cards this time of year too. I will give a small plant ($7-$10) to my sister, mom, grandma and step-grandma (they usually keep for a month or so) and then they can plant them outside. I make brownies for my step father, but I would love the recipe for the peeps cake he loves peeps. For my dad I will send him a card (we don't exchange gifts) when I lived with him I always bought him a chocolate Easter Egg or Bunny. Now I just send him a card. I'll send my Aunt and Uncle a card too.

No little kids yet, but my boyfriend will get a small Easter basket and I'll put candy, a gift card to Best Buy, and maybe a pair of Easter Boxers in it for him. I don't spend more than $60 total on gifts and cards for this holiday. I feel obligated to give, since the family always has. I like it to be spring related, useful and something that will be appreciated or last at least this season.

On Mother's Day I get bigger more expensive plants for $15-$20 each for my mom and grandma.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do 1 Malley's bunny (this year it's a ballerina and dump truck) and books, toothbrushes, socks, crayons for the kids. The grownups we do razors, stamps, books, pens and such. Not very exciting for the adults, but useful none-the-less.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Adults:
    bird feeder and bird seed
    windchime
    make a fruit basket
    if they garden, make a little gardening tote with a trowel, gloves and seeds (the dollar store always has cute gardening items)

For the boys:
    Blockbuster or Hollywood video gift card
    Fast food gift card
    Itunes gift card
    snack basket
    teen boys love those Axe type body sprays

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we only give to the kids. my mom and aunts often buy us (my cousins and i) easter candy. for my son
    we will do some crafts probably a bird feeder from a milk carton and dye eggs, for his basket i will get him some gardening tools cause we are going to start a garden probably one or 2 pieces of candy (he is still going through v-day candy), sidewalk chalk and bubbles

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Easter is pretty big with MIL and FIL. They spoil the kids. In the past, we've bought the kids 1 movie to share. However the age spread is starting to show(4 to 13). So I did it different this year. I got webkinz on boxing day(5.99) for the girls, and ds will get a small gift card for game rental.

Depending on the year, we've done flowers for MIL, horse shoes. However this year I'm doing hand towels for their rv. Very cute with a cartoon rv and a little sign with their last name on it. If i can get my other machine working right, I'll use a dollar store frame and frame a larger version of that for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We only give easter gifts to our kids. And I don't do traditional easter baskets. I get them something they need, and put easter candy in it...so the "basket" is the best part of the gift. I have given them batting helmets (which they needed for baseball) and turned them upside down and put the candy in them. My ds needed a new minnow bucket last year so that was his easter basket. Haven't decided what they are getting this year though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1972 View Post
    We only give easter gifts to our kids. And I don't do traditional easter baskets. I get them something they need, and put easter candy in it...so the "basket" is the best part of the gift. I have given them batting helmets (which they needed for baseball) and turned them upside down and put the candy in them. My ds needed a new minnow bucket last year so that was his easter basket. Haven't decided what they are getting this year though.
    i like the idea of a practical useable basket my mother often gave us tote bags or something of the sort for baskets, i remember one year she gave us a shower caddy with a pack of maxi pads in our college age baskets

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just finished cleaning out and re-organizing my gift wrap, ribbons and craft area. I was pleased to find I have plenty of Easter ribbon and decorations on hand. Not exactly sure where I'm going with it... but at least I have supplies on hand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the suggestion so far. I haven't decided what I will give. Maybe a houseplant for my sister, but my parents have better luck with outdoor ones. The kids will get candy/easter baskets from others, so I try avoid to those kinds of goodies. Thinking small outdoor type toy/activity, books or some little fun thing would be nice, but what exactly? Hope to look next time I'm out shopping (maybe next week). Trying to avoid last minute shopping which can get expensive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast