Easter Dinner ideas
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Easter dinner

So what is everyone serving on Sunday? I need a good recipe for a ham glaze and cheese potatoes if anyonw has anything they would like to pass on.

I also need side ideas for BBQ chicken for Sat meal. I have relatives coming on Thursday night and they will be here until Tuesday. If I'm not creative, I'll lose my whole grocery budget.

thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can't help you on that one, but we're having probably ham, mashed potatoes, corn and biscuits or something with bread.

You can try doing a search for recipes.

Heather Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We make these potatoes for special occasions. Mash about 5 lbs of potatoes, when mashed stir/mash in package cream cheese (cubed), about 1 cup of sour cream, salt and pepper and if you want some chopped onions. I bake this for about half an hour or put it in the crockpot to keep warm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Were having scallop potatoes ans ham. biscuits, veggies, and home made scratch cake

trying making cold pasta salads with the chicken or rice dishes. and coleslaw.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a potluck at my Mother's house. I am taking Cornbread Salad, Crock Pot Red Potatoes and a Tres Leche Cake!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am planning to have Crockpot chicken and stuffing, herb potatoes, green beans, biscuits and some kind of fruit pie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ham , Potatoes, Scalloped Corn ,Fruit salad,
    Dessert a carrot bunny cake and a chocolate pie and a peanutbutter pie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OOh Heather.. I make those potatoes too... I add sharp cheese and parsely and a little garlic salt to mine and they taste like twice baked.....they freeze well too.... I wasn't sure about making them because I won't have gravy because of the ham.

thanks everyone! the pasta salad is a good idea for that bbq chicken on sat.... if I have any left, I'll put it out on Sunday too. I have a lot of pasta stocked in my pantry and I have stuff for cornbread.

I just wanted to tell eveyone how helpful this site is! Everyone helps each other and I love when I am in a rut or NOT feeling frugal, someone is always around to help stay on track. Kudos to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think we're gonna BBQ for easter. Not sure exactly what yet, but I'll probably make some potato salad, devilled eggs, baked beans, and I'm looking for some spiffy new dessert recipe to try.

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We're off to Mom's house also. I'm taking deviled eggs, jalopena poppers made with cream chesse and wrapped in bacon then baked, a relish plate with olives, tomatoes slices, cuke slices, pickled beets(my Amish penpal sent me), pickled okra and dill pickles. Gee looks like we'll be a pickled group.
    DD and I are also making Easter themed cut out cookies and a lamb cake made in great grandmas mold. We're gonna cover it in minimarshmellow for fur.

Mom usually gets a Honey Baked Ham and each of my 2 sisters also bring stuff. Then grandma also brings something. We usually also have my babysisters inlaws plus anyone in my grandmothers apartment complex whos alone. Also anyone from my folks church who is without family. We've had upwards of 30 to 40 folks show up at one of our family meals.

Mom serves a sit down dinner around an old ping pong table. Assorted folding chairs that have been gathered over the years come out and the meal is on.
    When DH came to his first famliy gathering like this(yes, they happen often) he remarked afterward that it sounds like everyone talks and no one listens.
    He's since gotten used to it.

Laurie in Bradenton

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm making a ham, mashed potatoes, probably green beans, maybe some dinner rolls and I'm not sure what for dessert yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Easter Dinner Menu

I'm planning Easter dinner. We are a small family...just four of us this year. I am doing the traditional ham, Mom will bring her famous greenbean casserole. I'm also making blackened brusselsprouts (really--they're yummy!) and I thought for a twist I'd also make baked mac and cheese from scratch. We'll have the usual salad, rolls, etc. Haven't decided on desert yet.

So what are you making for Easter dinner?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That sounds like a normal yummy EASTER dinner we'd usually have the ham, kielbasa, etc.

In my family on EASTER Sunday for breakfast our whole family would share one egg slicing it up as a family egg that was blessed w/a whole basket of food on Holy Saturday like kielbasa (fresh & smoked) a ham chunk, smoked bacon, horseradish, babka, etc. My Dad would always cook these meats on GOOD FRIDAY & the smells of everything cooking was driving us crazy & we weren't allowed to eat it until it got blessed the next morning. All the blessed food you were allowed to have a piece of for breakfast.

Enjoy your holiday dinner I'm sure the blackened brussel sprouts probably do taste good but DH barely eats them in butter sauce now he says they are along w/lima beans, plain broccoli (has to have either butter or cheese sauce on it)

DH sister is having a brunch this year God only knows what she's cooking! She never tells us & one year she made some kind of food my picky DH doesn't like certain seafood in his regular food especially shrimp except of it;s fried!
    We've got to be @ her house 11 AM that means we gotta leave our house by 9:45 AM the latest!

A few years ago we all went to a Mexican Restaurant Viva Juan to have EASTER DINNER since it was close by our house & Ma went w/us she already had her meal but was so she ate a kiddie meal so the rest of the family met us there. DH brother in MA. wasn't able to be there but he paid the bill using his AMEX card on the phone!

Not one of our "traditional" EASTER holiday dinners! But it was good food!

I'm glad we got to finally go eat there, a few weeks later it burnt down but they opened a new one I just heard in CENTERPORT w/the waterview so oneday DH & I gotta go eat there again!

Really weird as I typed AMEX an American Express commercial was just on

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We never do anything fancy. I usually just make a roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, etc.. This year we're gonna BBQ. Ribs, potato salad, devilled eggs (gotta use up the easter eggs), and baked beans. I"m gonna make cupcakes for the boys for dessert.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're having Crockpot chicken and stuffing, parsley potatoes, green beans w/almonds, biscuits and sweet potato pie.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast