Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Potatoes Augratin
12-18-2017, 07:17 AM #1
4 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices.
1 onion, sliced into rings
salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. milk
1-1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Butter 13 x 9 inch casserole.
2. Layer potatoes, onion, salt and pepper to taste.
3. In medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
4. Mix in the flour and salt and stir consistently with a whisk for one minute.
5. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened.
6. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds.
7. Pour cheese over potateos and cover with aluminum foil.
8. Bake at 350* for 1 hour.
* I like to add a touch of garlic powder and onion powder to my cheese sauce.
By Durgan in forum Homesteading and gardeningReplies: 0Last Post: 06-29-2014, 02:49 PM
By eofelis in forum Question and AnswerReplies: 7Last Post: 11-21-2011, 11:40 PM
By Dutchie in forum Homesteading and gardeningReplies: 6Last Post: 06-24-2009, 06:44 AM
By zakity in forum General ChatReplies: 6Last Post: 09-03-2008, 06:56 AM
By AmeliaM in forum Kitchen BasicsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM