What are some of the successes you've had in homeschooling this year?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question What are some of the successes you've had in homeschooling this year?

Again, were almost coming to the end of our homeschooling year. I know that some homeschool all year (and actually thats what homeschooling is all about, year round schooling), but I'm talking here about using curriculum.

What are some of the successes you've had this school year?

We've had our best school year yet. It was wonderful to see dd finally get reading, to where she is reading all the time now. To finally have the lightbulb go on when it comes to math.

It was fun to see ds#1 do algebra, when he was diagnosed as a baby to have spastic quad and would never learn anything.

It was awesome to see ds#2 begin to pick up some sign language and learn to sit through Bible, science or history.

Tell us some success stories for this homeschooling year?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For us it has been watching our boys stay excited about learning even at the high school level. Our 8th graders are doing Alg 2 and our 9th grader is doing Saxon Advanced Math (Trig, Calculus, etc.). All of them are passing me up in my math knowledge and are doing really well! They have been reading books from the college reading lists and loving them. It's great to be able to discuss books on an adult level. Jaysn and I got into a long discussion on Dante's Inferno the other day. Wow!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dd developed an interest in history this year, she has been turning on the tv to watch about the war instead of watching cartoons, and she just seems to really be interested in any kind of historical event. I've never seen any interest from her about history until this year. She's also taking more of an interest in science.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last year (our 1st), 1st=grade dd absolutely did not get math. This year, we've switched to Saxon, and, while she doesn't ENJOY it, she at least understands it well.