Are you a volunteer in your child's school?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Are you a volunteer in your child's school?

How often do you volunteer?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like to help out with the parties and Homecoming. Homecoming is Sept 24th! It seems to get earlier every year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Now that Lauren will be in preschool, I am considering volunteering one day a week in Kathryn's 2nd grade class for a couple of hours.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i tried to volunteer last year when madison was in kindergarten, but it was hard to find a sitter. this year will be tough too, but i did tell the teacher i would cut out or color anything she needs me to...also i would provide snacks or treats for parties!
    i REALLY wish i could volunteer more AT the school, but i guess it will come in time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I volunteer once a week in each of the boy's classes (2 days a week) and I am on PTSA so I do lots of other stuff plus I do the parties. Aimee's school (Middle School) won't let anyone Volunteer
    Last year her principal was kindof weird and real secretive about what when on at the school - this year they have a new Principal whom I met at Back to School night last night and she seemed somewhat nervous and overwhelmed - so I guess we'll see.

MMP

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I havent volunteered since Wyatt was in K. I just keep having these kids and it is hard to find time to get in to the school. I do try and give things off the Christmas tree to all the teachers we have had so far. Soon, I will be giving all the teachers something. ROFL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I used to volunteer lots-- all the parties, field trips, etc. and we (dh and I ) tutored kids every Wed. afternoon.

Now, that they are in HS ( and beyond) the opportunities to volunteer are less. I make items for raffles for various clubs, work concestion stands at ball games, and I chaparoned the band trip to 6 Flags last spring (will again this year, I imagine)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to volunteer when my kids were in school. When they were in primary school I did one day a month at the school Tuck Shop (like a cafeteria), I helped with the reading program for slow readers and I was on the P&C (PTA).

When they went to high school they were in a boarding school in another town but as I was working on my own town's newspaper then I used to set writing projects for the local grade ten kids and often I'd let them visit my office when we were putting the paper together. A couple who wanted to be journalists worked as volunteers for us too.

When my kids were at school I used to think that I was too busy and "when will this end!!" Now that it has ended, I wonder where all that time went.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes I do! I like to help out in school. Ive been room mom, taught an art class, i'm in PTA. This year my children are in seperate schools which are close to one another, but i have to figure out how much i can do in 2 schools.

Kimmee, that is very strange that a principal wouldnt allow for volunteers. Glad to hear that principal is gone. It is hard to break in a new principal Hope the new one is nice and lets parents volunteer and actually let you know what is going on at school.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I try to get there as much as possible. I'm on the PTSA and do lots of things though that. I'd be there alot more if we hadn't had Rylie. But I still do what I can.