Roll call - whose homeschooling this school year?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Roll call - whose homeschooling this school year?

We are going into our 7th year of homeschooling our 3 youngest children, 14, 12 & 12. We will be using Alpha Omega curriculum because it works best for us with our kids.

Next....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In addition to letting ds attend preschool a couple of times a week, we are continuing to homeschool preschool. Right now I am making up homemade thematic units, but I am going to start throwing Before Five In A Row back into the mix again in October.

Next.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our county doesn't allow homeschooling. They are very strict out here because of the Amish and farms. All the kids have to attend some sort of school. Growing up we didn't have such a thing, but I guess it is becoming more popular now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wasn't aware that any counties could forbid homeschooling. I know some states are more strict than others on the rules and regulations, but I thought homeschooling was legal in every state (and all the counties therein).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We just started our third year, dd is in 8th grade. We use the Abeka video correspondence course.

I'm surprised too that there is a county that doesn't allow homeschool I thought homeschool was legal through the whole USA.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Homeschooling is legal in every state and in every province. You can check that out at http://hslda.org/ .

Some states are a bit stricter than others, but it is legal to homeschool your child.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We send our boys to public school, but I am supplementing because of the horrendous budget cuts that have taken place here in Oregon. We spent the summer learning about pioneer living, and DS#1 has just professed an interest in physics and time travel! DS#2 loves all weapons right now, so I am using that to teach about wars and conflict in general. We have also had mandatory reading nearly every day this summer. I refuse to have my boys' brains turn to mush in the summer heat!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is our fourth year (or it will be when we start, hehe. I'm waiting for some curriculum).

This year we'll be using Switched on Schoolhouse by Alpha Omega. All computer, great ideas, very comprehensive, just awesome. It's frugal, too! A friend's child outgrew it, so she's giving it to me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to homeschool. Did it for 7 years. Both boys went to high school this year. They seem to be enjoying it. The youngest asked last night, if it got too hard, could he come home? I'm not sure not, I'm enjoying my quiet days. Started sewing again and am working on decluttering the house. Of course he can come home! I'd be thrilled to have them back home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have always homeschooled. Our oldest is now officially a first grader. Our youngest does not have formal lessons, but has picked up a lot just listening in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, I have a 1st grader who is READING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. I am so thrilled and a 5th grader. I am learning so much, but the kids would be better then me on a test what I have taught. lol

Tina Bob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is our 11th year of homeschooling. My oldest ds is now in college. I am still homeschooling my 16 year old ds and my 14 year old dd. We use a mixture of different curriculum and we do quite a few unit studies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are homeschooling our DS#2. He is '16' and we use the ACE/School of Tomorrow curriculum, as that was his preference to continure what he was doing at school.

His two good friends are also HS-ing using the same method. They meet at the gym, play ball work out, and have the flexibility for work, play, and church.

I have used A Beka, Swithchon School House, basic Alph Omega (my favorite in every way!) and ACE.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm teaching dd.I took her out of prek a few months back cause of the school and decided to do school like activities 3 days a week for 2-3 hrs a day.Mostly hands on,she does better with learning most things threw experience.Taught her how to add threw yahtzee.Snce its not required we are kinda relaxed about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default This is our 3 year of Homeschool Nursery/Preschool for us..

This is our 3 year of Homeschool Nursery/Preschool for us..