Deluxe Envelope system
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Deluxe Envelope system

Is it worth the money? Or can it be done using regular mail envelopes? I am intrigued by it and wondering if it is worth the expense, or if we can do the same and have the same results using regular white envelopes.

Does anyone have it? Can you provide and pros/cons??

Thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have this one in red: http://www.daveramsey.com/shop/Desig...em_P261C76.cfm

I tried the regular envelopes for a long before buying this, it can be done. I just like the way they look, basically. Some of my envelopes got left at home or I was trying to hide them in my purse while hunting the correct envelope for cash. So I bought one for dd and one for myself. I like having the checkbook with it, and a coin compartment. Been using it great for 6 months, looks just like a regular checkbook wallet and all my envelopes are right there. It was kind of an extravagance as we were trying to get out of debt at the time, but I figure I save at least that price (and then some) but going with cash and not giving up on it. To each their own, I say. If it keeps you on the path then, in my opinion, it's well worth it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

what are the envelope in DR wallet made out of? Can you remove them, or are they sewn in? Can't get a very good picture from the website?

TIA!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really want one of these! We've been using just plain white envelopes, but DH and I agreed that we're going to buy one of these once we get down to $5000 in debt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Right now we just use the free envelopes from the bank, but eventually this would be cool!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wonder if I could make one..........hmmmmmmmmm
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the pink/orange one and I love it!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by cozyquilter View Post
    what are the envelope in DR wallet made out of? Can you remove them, or are they sewn in? Can't get a very good picture from the website?

TIA!

The envelopes inside are made of a thicker paper, they have a flap so money doesn't come out, there's probably about 6 of them bound inside the wallet (hope that made sense). You can remove it if you wanted, or replace it if you needed to, I suppose. There's also a clear zipper compartment by the envelopes (for coins or whatever, I don't use it for anything), and then some pages to track expenses on (I think, I don't use them, either). One side has slots for your drivers license and slots for your cards (nope, silly, hehe, not credit cards ), like debit card, our grocery store gives a discount if you have their card, movie rental card, etc. On the outside is a zippered coin holder, I use that quite a bit, and a slot to have cash or papers. And to hold it together is a magnetic little flap that clicks into place.

The wallet itself is made of a pleather type material, I don't think it' will last from now on, but have been using mine exclusively for 6 months now and so far so good. The outside has a Financial Peace University stamp depressed into the material, but it isn't very noticeable. I did, however, reinforce the top corners of my envelopes with tape on the ones I use frequently, was starting to wear them out, I suppose, haha.

I had the black deluxe envelope system (came with my FPU kit), but found it too bulky, it wouldn't fit in my purse, and there wasn't a place for my checkbook. Embarrassed to admit I was sorta self-conscience about taking it into the store with me, would usually just grab cash out of the envelope and leave it in the car. Don't feel this way about this red one at all, it's inconspicuous (sp?). I like it!
    Last edited by pammy; 10-20-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the blue/brown wallet & I love it. Everything is right there in that wallet. I wouldn't have to carry a purse at all if I didn't have my cell phone & other junk I like to carry around. I do think it's well worth the investment. At least it was for m.e

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to check these out. I've just been using the regular white envelopes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What exactly is the Deluxe Envelope System? Can someone explain this process to me? Gosh am I lost

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If someone has a digital camera and could take closer pictures of theirs that would be cool. I was considering getting one also.