A change in DD meds again
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default A change in DD meds again

So we had an appointment with DD's pediatrician today. I explained what the issues we were still having are and that dd has developed the shakes in her hands. It turns out it is a side effect of her Olanzipine. She also has started to show more signs of extreme emotional changes through out the day. From fine, to crying to being silly to the extreme to anger. It is exhausting to watch, plus she still has hallucinations but not as often. Plus her anxiety can be so bad sometimes. So starting today she is not to have anymore Olazipine, and Monday night she will start Prozac. Her Dr thinks this will deal with more of her symptoms then the olanzipine. So I am preparing myself for a real rough rest of the week. Sleepless nights, a rise in her hallucinations, and angry out bursts for the rest of the week. Plus Prozac takes time to build to the proper levels in the system so the Dr told us (my ex came to the appointment as well) to be prepared for a real rough couple of weeks. I hope the Prozac helps but I am not looking forward to the next few weeks. I will have to use the alarms on the doors more often and hide anything that could be a weapon. She had been doing fairly well, so I hope the change doesn't make her go backwards to far. Her weight did go up but so did her height so that was a good sign because they were worried about her putting to much weight on.
    I hope keeping her focused on her running team will help get through these next few weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

All the exercise might help. Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

She's in a growth spurt so she may have overwhelmed the meds anyway.
    How old is she? preperiod hit us at 9-10 years old and that overwhelmed her concerta too.
    In any event hold on,you are doing well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope the Prozac works better for her. My dd didn't do well on Zyprexia either and she gained an outrageous amount of weight while on it. She's been taking Geodon for several years now and doing much, much better on it. She does take a small dose of Thorazine in the evenings to help control the aggression that the Geodon doesn't cover.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear you are going through this again. On a side note, does your child have any food allergies. Sometimes they can affect behavior and ways of thinking.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well DD hardly got any sleep last night, and had a panic attack about going to school. Stopped dead well we were walking and sat down crying. I gave her one of my rings I wear put it on her neck lace and told her if she starts to get up set hold it and think of me.
    Really not looking forward to the next little while. I feel so bad for her she hates feeling the way she does. I wish I could make it better sooner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My heart goes out to you. Stay strong. (HUGS)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is where I really miss the Hug button. Big hugs to you and your daughter ♥

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks everyone!!!!

I just found out her dose Prozac is not covered by my ODSP so her new meds now are going to cost 67 dollars for 30 days. I had to call my ex and tell him he said he would help out but I don't think it is unreasonable to ask he pay the whole thing seeing as I pay for her tutoring, and trips, and her karate on a fixed income. And he lives with his parents and doesn't pay rent or food. So I think this will be a fight. GAWD this sucks. I don't want to have to switch her to something else that may be covered because Prozac has shown the least side effects in children.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Rhiamon,

Prozac also comes in generic form: Fluoxetine Hydrocholoride. Would this be a less pricey alternative for your daughter?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hang in there. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about the two of you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm always amazed with the amount of crap you can handle with the patience and understanding that you do. She's really lucky to have you as a mom. Good luck, I hope you start to see some awesome results.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Prayers and hugs...hang in there...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So DD got her first dose of Prozac last night so of course no changes yet. She is back to hallucinating regularly I kept her home from school yesterday because she hardly slept. Sunday night she said there was a man in the room so I stayed with her until she fell asleep. Then she woke up at midnight and laughed in hysterics for about an hour before she calmed down. Last night she was sure I was going to die and was crying hysterical so I sat with her most of the night reassuring her I was okay. She has had several violent out bursts. I know we won't see results for a week or two but I hope it happens sooner then later. I had to hide anything sharp again that she could use to stab me or hurt herself.
    On a brighter note I guess the Credit card has all been straightened out and the money stolen on it taken off and all the interest.

Thank you for the continuing support.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope the meds issues get straightened out for both of you. I know what it's like to have a kid with violent outbursts and some of the other things you are going through. Just wanted you to know someone is thinking of you and your daughter. *hugs*

Stacy