Medical Alert for Mom
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Medical Alert for Mom

I am trying to pick a Medical Alert Systems for my elderly mom whom lives alone. Does anyone have any experience with any systems? I noticed some systems come with a lock box (where keys could be stored outside similar to what a realtor uses).

If anyone has any suggestions, comments or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Are you looking for a 'duress button' type pendant? [Similar to Life Alert in the US/Life Call in Canada]

What are you specifically looking for? Someone to check on your mom daily? I know a lot of seniors advocacy agencies do offer a daily phone call or have a volunteer pop in to check on the seniors that live alone.

The pendants/panic buttons are good b/c they seniors can wear the button as a necklace and there is a 2 way communication device that activates once the button is pressed. Someone from the monitoring centre will 'speak up' once the button is pressed and so long as the person who pressed the button is able to speak, they can talk get the appropriate services sent (fire, ambulance, police). I heard these devices have great ranges too - you can be out in your back yard gardening and be able to press the button. I guess if they can't 'talk' with the person, their protocol must be to send police ASAP? Something worth asking about/looking into?

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Are you looking for a 'duress button' type pendant? [Similar to Life Alert in the US/Life Call in Canada]

What are you specifically looking for? Someone to check on your mom daily? I know a lot of seniors advocacy agencies do offer a daily phone call or have a volunteer pop in to check on the seniors that live alone.

The pendants/panic buttons are good b/c they seniors can wear the button as a necklace and there is a 2 way communication device that activates once the button is pressed. Someone from the monitoring centre will 'speak up' once the button is pressed and so long as the person who pressed the button is able to speak, they can talk get the appropriate services sent (fire, ambulance, police). I heard these devices have great ranges too - you can be out in your back yard gardening and be able to press the button. I guess if they can't 'talk' with the person, their protocol must be to send police ASAP? Something worth asking about/looking into?

Hope that helps.
    button type system.

I am looking for a pendant/panic