Inexpensive Date Ideas?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Inexpensive Date Ideas?

Inexpensive Date Ideas?-couple-fall.jpg

Valentine’s Day gets all the attention when it comes to romance, but fall might just be the most romantic season of all. The changing weather begs us to sit by crackling fires, light candles and cozy up with loved ones. The scenery’s not so bad, either, as leaves change color and float down to the ground. With all of this in mind, it’s no wonder fall is a great backdrop for dates. And, because the season creates so much natural wonder on its own, you don’t have to shell out big bucks to impress... Inexpensive Date Ideas for the Fall
    What frugal ideas have you come up with for date night?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Go to a concert in the park and pack a picnic basket with wine (or since I don't drink - peach mixed berry lemonade), cheese, and crackers.
    Do a matinee movie.
    Go to the flea market or farmer's market
    Go miniature golfing or bowling (buy coupons on living social or groupon type sites)
    Attend a lecture of interest
    Go watch a local high school play or football or other game
    Join Toastmasters together!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

just want to say this topic brought me back to my early courting days with my late husband - we lived in Cambridge MA and used to get a couple bottles of beer, some sour cream and onion chips, and a blanket, and go lie down by the Charles River. We called it "looking for submarines". Dating is always easier when you are in love.
    Make America Kind Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Campfire, hotdogs, beverage of choice, maybe a blanket.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In our area there are lots of fall festivals that are free-- some with concerts, some with free or inexpensive food, some with photo booths, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by josantoro View Post
    just want to say this topic brought me back to my early courting days with my late husband - we lived in Cambridge MA and used to get a couple bottles of beer, some sour cream and onion chips, and a blanket, and go lie down by the Charles River. We called it "looking for submarines". Dating is always easier when you are in love.
    That's really nice to hear.

Years back my girlfriend and I weren't making much money. Around every 2 weeks we would stroll around the nearby park which had plenty of old ruins, visit the church and grab a hotdog or a burger for lunch for $2 each. It practically costs nothing but if I were in my death bed it would probably be one of the happiest moments in my life I would immediately recall.

We're no longer together but honestly I'd shell out a thousand dollars or two right now just to experience it all over again. It just goes to show that there are really some things money can't buy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Awww, love this thread! Like a lot of people our best dates are picnics. We live on an island so we literally enjoy long walks on the beach. I actually have a beach picnic bag packed and at the ready all summer. It has our beach blanket, Mr. Flasky (with some whiskey in him), a bottle of cheap red organic table wine, a tin of smoked oysters, some crackers, and usually on the way out the door I toss in some cheese and fruit. And a flashlight...damn we learned that one the hard way one time, lol!! We have a two year old so date nights are few and far between and usually spontaneous when the 16 year old owes us a favor and we make him babysit and skip out the door in a hurry. I also have a little blue tooth speaker that I threw in last time we did this, and some soft music upped the romance by a lot.