Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day?

Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day?-valentines-date.jpg

Though many people hate Valentine’s Day because they consider it a commercial holiday, some people just see it as an extra opportunity to enjoy a special day with their spouse or partner. If you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day but don’t have a big budget to work with, you’ll be glad to know there are plenty of inexpensive date ideas to consider. Keep reading to learn what they are. Inexpensive Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day
    Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

What tips do you have for making it a special day when you are on a tight budget?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will probably look through all the homemade cards my late DH and I gave each other, and cry my eyes out. Sorry to be such a downer.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh dear, I really derailed this thread!! Let me get it back on track.

Valentine's Day (I almost abbreviated it!!) is a great time to bring back the old fashioned art of writing a love letter. Just take pen and paper and write down what you love about your spouse or SO. It will be cherished for a long time.

A romantic home-cooked meal, to me, is more special than a restaurant. Either send the kids to Grandma's for the night, or include them in your celebration of love. It's a great thing for kids to see how much their parents love each other.

If gifts aren't in the budget, coupons for back rubs, foot rubs, hugs, etc are a good idea. We used to do this and DH took it seriously, presenting me with a coupon I had given him at different times throughout the year.
    Make America Kind Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We don't really celebrate it. . . we usually exchange a silly card and that's it. My birthday comes 3 days after that, and we might combine a dinner out, or a small gift, etc.

This year my military son will be home, after 3 long years overseas -- so that will be what we are celebrating.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got a couple of small gifts for DH. Little things for his hobby. One was actually supposed to be for christmas but there were issues and it was mailed so late I set it aside for next week. We sometimes go out to eat, but not on the night of the 14th, so as to avoid crowds. DH says he likes my cooking better than most restaurants (after all I've learned to make it exactly how he likes it) so sometimes I go down to the local butcher and get a couple nice steaks (for a quarter of what a restaurant charges). For dessert I make https://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/02/...or-two-or-one/ And some years we've gone to a local burger place and gone all out with fries and a milkshake., then come home to watch a movie. I don't think it matters how much you spend, as long as you are doing it together.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH