Do you do any outdoor maintenance in the spring?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Do you do any outdoor maintenance in the spring?

Do you do any outdoor maintenance in the spring?-outdoor-maintenance.jpg

When springtime finally rolls around, it is easy to get caught up in the excitement of warmer weather. Before you let yourself get too carried away, however, you should take the time to do a bit of spring cleaning with these outdoor maintenance tasks. Do Some Spring Cleaning with These Outdoor Maintenance Tips
    Do you do any outdoor maintenance in the spring?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's just about the only time we can do outdoor work. It's too hot in the summer, plus the chiggers and mosquitoes are everywhere. Fall is ok for some things, but it's best to get at it in the spring before there is too much foliage in the way.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I go around and pick up the hoses I didn't get picked up in the fall and see which ones got ruined. does that count?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We're more likely to do fall maintenance. Spring is iffy here.

We do some things, I guess. We used to put the dock into the lake every spring, but since the Halloween Horror I think we'll be hiring a dock service. Does making a phone call to the dock service count? We will have to still put in the boat rollers and get the bikes down to the lake and reassembled so we can use them, and do some other lake and dock spring things like haul the HM chairs down and stuff like that. This spring we will be installing a post to attach a winch to, because the bikes have gotten too heavy for me to haul up out of the lake by myself.

In a normal spring we'd haul a load of trash, but since we couldn't haul out our usual load last fall, we will have at least twice as much to deal with this spring, if it ever melts enough to get the utility trailer out of the pile of snow our snow guys plowed up in front of it.

We also usually do some work on the camper and get that ready for the season. I have a whole long checklist for that, and this year it needs some maintenance-type repairs, too. And a mod I want to get done.

We haul out hoses and move garden stuff around for the season, and plant stuff in May.

The dog fence gets inspected to make sure nothing got damaged during winter that would allow our dogs and cats to get out or something to get in.

Mostly in the spring we move into construction mode and start working on the long list of DIYs we hope to get done in our short summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, today I am cleaning out a flower bed. This weekend we are tearing down old chicken kennel and putting up a new one. Also getting brick around the flower beds finished and getting dirt to replenish the garden.