How do you save money on summer barbecue parties?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How do you save money on summer barbecue parties?

How do you save money on summer barbecue parties?-summerbbq.jpg

Why stay indoors, slaving away over a hot stove when you can enjoy the summer sun and cook your family a healthy meal, all at the same time? Summer BBQs are a staple of the season and it’s a great opportunity to invite your friends, family, and neighbors over for a get-together. If you want to satisfy everyone’s hunger and throw a fun summer BBQ without breaking the bank, follow these tips. Tips for Throwing a Summer BBQ Without Breaking the Bank
    How do you save money on summer barbecue parties?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been thinking about the same thing, as I have four potluck picnics (we don't call it BBQ here unless you are actually smoking meat) next weekend. I agree with a lot of what is in that article, burgers, hot dogs, brats, are all pretty cheap eats for a crowd and can be purchased ahead on sale and frozen. I'm eyeing a bag of chicken quarters on sale for .39/lb this week. They are good on the grill or the smoker, and can even be made into fried chicken. I've also got several boxes of brownie mix in the pantry, bought on sale, of course.

Our crowd does a lot of potlucks, which spreads the cost. There's always too much food. People bring large amounts not considering that others will usually take a smaller portion than usual, because of the many choices. So I never feel bad about taking a single small dish. It gets eaten and I go home with a clean plate.

Finally, if you feel you can't afford to contribute food, consider volunteering to help the hosts with clean up afterward. It is much appreciated and you could even end up with leftovers others have left behind.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH