How cluttered is your home?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How cluttered is your home?

How cluttered is your home?-declutterhome.jpg

It doesn’t take long for a little bit of clutter to turn into a lot and it can easily spread from one room throughout the entire house. By the time your whole house becomes cluttered with junk, wading through it seems like an insurmountable task. Ready to Declutter Your Home?
    How cluttered is your home right now?

Do you have steps for decluttering things on a regular basis?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Too cluttered! It's vastly improved from what it once was though. We've upgraded furniture over the past few years and replaced old crappy stuff with nice things that provide better organization, more storage in the same or smaller footprint, and fit our needs better.

Our clutter problems now mostly are caused by small stuff. I plan to work on that over winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have four kids, so it can get cluttered with their school papers and clothes and toys. I declutter regularly, but there are certainly areas that need special attention, like the office closet or the laundry room closet.

I'd love a kitchen that looked like that...clean, clear counters, but I don't think that's in my future for awhile. However, I am able to get there every now and then. Summer was great because they weren't bringing papers home. Papers are truly the bane of my existence.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just have clutter spots. My desk and kitchen counter seem to be the places where clutter grows. I put things on my kitchen counter to remind myself to do them but then I think I just get used to looking at them there! I did read something that said if it is a task that takes 2 minutes or less, to just to it then and get it done. I am trying to do this.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post

I'd love a kitchen that looked like that...clean, clear counters, but I don't think that's in my future for awhile.
    Nobody LIVES in a kitchen like that. I've got bread on the counter, and spices, my big old cast iron pan on the stove next to the tea kettle, tea and sugar right next to it. There's cat food on the floor and probably a cat as well. That kitchen is pretty, but it's also devoid of life.

Anyway, my house is not as cluttered as it used to be, but still more than I'd like. DH and I were just discussing this evening how we can get rid of some stuff this month.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So true that nobody's kitchen looks like that. It's kinda like the pics of clothes on super models compared to women in the real world. It's just not attainable for most of us, at least people who have things to do other than clean house.

Our counters are less cluttered than they used to be. But the AF, food processor, utensil crock, convection oven, and the cookie jar shaped like a wolf that howls when the lid is opened are all there and will stay. So will the assortment of large jars of flour on the buffet, where the KA mixer now lives.

I would rather not discuss the kitchen island at this juncture, thank you very much. 🙄

Trying to conquer clutter is like living in a forest, which we do. No matter how often you take a whack at controlling it, it persistently and unrelentingly does its best to reassert itself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post
    I have four kids, so it can get cluttered with their school papers and clothes and toys. I declutter regularly, but there are certainly areas that need special attention, like the office closet or the laundry room closet.

I'd love a kitchen that looked like that...clean, clear counters, but I don't think that's in my future for awhile. However, I am able to get there every now and then. Summer was great because they weren't bringing papers home. Papers are truly the bane of my existence.
    I don't think my kitchen has EVER looked like that. LOLOL
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    I don't think my kitchen has EVER looked like that. LOLOL
    Mine did, for about 1 day right after we had it remodeled.

How cluttered is your home?-nov15.jpg
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My house is EXTREMELY cluttered. . . everyone moves and give me their stuff to "hang on to". . . my military son (now divorced, so I have half his household stuff), my daughter in the process of moving, my other son- with soon to be 4 kids in the process of moving, my cousin - got divorced and didn't want his ex-wife to get any of our family heirlooms, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CH, beautiful kitchen!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How cluttered is your home?-master-closet.jpg

I always give away anything I haven't used in two years. I've been doing this for many years and it keeps my house pretty uncluttered.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If I gave away stuff I haven't used in 2 years, I would spend a fortune replacing stuff. I can see why that approach might work for some people, but it wouldn't work for me, especially living where we live and doing the types of activities I do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are minimalists so our home is not cluttered. We only have what we use on a regular basis and decorative items are kept to a minimum.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My home is way more cluttered than I’d like it to be. I went back to work full time, I am still finding a cleaning/organizing schedule that works for me. To be perfectly honest, I give up cleaning and organizing every time when it comes to quality time with my grandkids. They are only little once!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a minimalist also. I never buy items that have no practical use. My mother was an artist so I have paintings on the walls and a few sentimental things like my nativity set. I rarely eat out so I do have a well stocked kitchen but I like to see the tops of my tables clean Right now it feels like my home office is cluttered but I really use everything in it.
    Since taking this picture I've added some books to the shelf on the left.
    How cluttered is your home?-cloverleaf-home-office.jpg
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast