Frugal Winter Activities For The Whole Family?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Frugal Winter Activities For The Whole Family?

Frugal Winter Activities For The Whole Family?-frugalactivitiesfamily.jpg

Just because the weather turns cold doesn’t mean you have to go into hibernation mode. Throw on a coat and scarf and head out to try some of these fun (and frugal) winter activities the whole family is sure to love! Frugal Tips for Winter Activities the Whole Family Will Love

What affordable activities do you do during the cold winter months that the whole family can enjoy?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

There's a ton of free and cheap activities if you look for them. Just this week, here: city museum exhibit, dinosaur exhibit, storytelling celebration, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer play, theatre in the park, museum of art fun weekend, learn to skate open house... that doesn't count the light shows that will be going up, the arrival of Santas everywhere, the various holiday and craft markets that are popping up, plus the concerts and entertainments that happen regularly. Check newspapers, church bulletins, and especially web sites for events.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lately my winter entertainment has been watching the lake freeze, which is actually more interesting than it sounds. It hasn't frozen over completely, so it's not talking yet. But at the rate it's been freezing, it won't be long.

Not helpful for this thread, I guess.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If it stays cold this winter, the lake near me may freeze. That's always fun, if only to watch the skaters and ice hockey games that happen. I may need to pick up some ice grips for my shoes and take a hike on the lake, if only for the bragging rights.

I've also started going on the website for the activities one local paper posts regularly. It'll get me out of the house more often in the winter, especially once the living history farm closes for the winter. I do tend to hibernate once the temps get cold. I need more exercise in the winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I go to an informal craft group on Tuesday evenings. It's a pain to get in a cold car and drive in the dark, but I need to get a life and quit being so antisocial.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I go to an informal craft group on Tuesday evenings. It's a pain to get in a cold car and drive in the dark, but I need to get a life and quit being so antisocial.
    I have a writing group on Sundays, pretty much for the same reason. The group has evening meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I prefer the Sunday ones. I can spend most of the day in the coffee shop and leave while it's still light. During the week, I would have to go after work and I'm usually just in the mood to kick back and veg.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We drive around the town to see how people decorate. Our town has a home contest with prizes so people get pretty elaborate over here....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to watch a lake freeze. I enjoy nature so that would be fascinating to me. We moved to a tiny town in PA but there are still lots of activities. You only need to search the Internet, local paper or the flyers on the community board at the post office! This pic was our town Halloween Parade. I cannot wait to post a pic from our town Christmas Parade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frugal Winter Activities For The Whole Family?-87ca6f90-5901-4411-bf82-fc69551ee5e4_1542618832383.jpg  

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our lake is frozen pretty much shore to shore now. I heard it talking ladt night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

*Last night.

Stupid fingers.