What Are Your Plans For 2019? Will You Be More Frugal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What Are Your Plans For 2019? Will You Be More Frugal?

What are your plans for 2019?

Will you be making any changes in the coming year?

Will you be more frugal?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby plans to retire in the spring. We will probably be more cautious with our money until we know how everything will shake out.

We have several big projects planned. We have already acquired most of the supplies needed, so will finally have time to get things done and not have to spend much more.

We plan to replace a fence that was mistakenly taken down several years ago, finish building our boardwalks, and get a good start building our garden area around our greenhouse.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to hopefully getting construction on my next home underway so it will be spendy overall, but I'm cutting other expenses to the bone.

I'm also going to go on "plastic fasts" where I try to avoid plastic and packaging in general. I suspect that will have a side effect of frugality since I will be very aware of purchases.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I plan to expand my business and add some new revenue streams.

I'm continuing toward my ultimate goal of doubling my income and cutting my hours in half. This year I made excellent progress on that front. I continue seeking better life/work balance.

Trips are planned so far for Jamaica, New Zealand/Australia (work speaking engagement) and New Orleans.

I expect it to be a fabulous year overall.
    2018/2019 Pay Off the Windows Challenge: $31,057.34/$31,057.34 (Goal: Pay Off By 11/30/2019 - DONE! PAID IN FULL 11/15/19)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not sure what my plans are for 2019.

My first decision is to re-evaluate my health. I've taken steps to explore holistic approaches to my auto-immune issues and will see if they're helping or not. If I'm feeling better and my bloodwork is better, then I'll continue along my path of full-time work.

If my approaches are not helping and I feel that working less hours will help, then that's what I'll do. Focus on myself more and work less.

Extreme frugality will come into play if I work less. With less hours = less income. I will work to save for our big trip but that will be all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to work on being more self sufficient which should mean being more frugal. We are going to grown more of our own food and put in an orchard. We are also raising animals for food and I would like to harvest our first deer this year.

My Daughter, SIL and GD are going to be moving in with us this spring. They are currently job hunting. But when they get here there will be a lot of things they can help us do - gardening, mowing 8 acres, cleaning up the small mess the prior owners left behind, building a deer butchering area, building a chicken coop, building a green house.....one thing about country living is that there is never a shortage of things to do.

Keep an eye on my husbands health. I think eating more of our own food and foraging will help. I want to learn more about foraging. I"ve already found a few things on our property that are edible but I want to learn more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rujerro View Post
    Not sure what my plans are for 2019.

My first decision is to re-evaluate my health. I've taken steps to explore holistic approaches to my auto-immune issues and will see if they're helping or not. If I'm feeling better and my bloodwork is better, then I'll continue along my path of full-time work.

If my approaches are not helping and I feel that working less hours will help, then that's what I'll do. Focus on myself more and work less.

Extreme frugality will come into play if I work less. With less hours = less income. I will work to save for our big trip but that will be all.
    Have you seen Terry Wahl's protocol? Check out YouTube. She had progressive MS and was also a medical doctor. She went from wheelchair to biking miles each day and reversed progression. Eating very clean, eliminating inflammatory foods such as grains and dairy.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Giving up my garden plot - sad but no time. I hope to make progress on cleaning up the mess my parents have left at their home - picture multiple dumpsters loaded with trash and a house that really needs some maintenance. I hope to de-clutter my home a bit more. I want to re-establish an exercise routine in addition to walking the dog. The dog who needs to be TRAINED by the way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DLR, sorry your parents left you such a mess.

Our dogs need training too. When Husby retires in a few months, we plan to spend more time working with them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Taking a road trip soon.... and then some day trips and weekend trips throughout the year. We have this weird goal of visiting every courthouse in our state. Did several last year, and just enjoyed it tremendously. Got to talk with interesting people, see the local art, learn the history.....

Will be putting in garden in late spring, and then caring for it and flower beds for most of the spring/summer/fall.

Planning to clear up my craft room and get more organized.

Need to see about repairing relationships..... maybe.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Old post offices can be interesting, too. Ours is in an old historic building, with murals painted or the walls depicting scenes related to the mines that drew people here 150 years ago.

We like to hit little museums and quirky tourist attractions, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

More effort on gardening and composting.
    I've decided to do "plastic fasts" as an environmental and personal awareness thing and it's already forcing me to make money saving choices. Fresh fruit and veg can be had with zero plastic (I carry my own string bags for them), but candy...not so much. So when I stopped at the store today I left with oranges, sourdough crisp bread (the only bread/cracker product NOT in plastic though the paper is plasticized...will need to start baking or making tortillas I guess) and the only chocolate bar in paper/tinfoil (that paper turned out to be plasticized as well! I guess I will be eating cocoa straight from the bulk bin!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would not be able to avoid plastics. Most of our fresh produce comes in plastic here. Pretty much all the meat does. Canned goods use plastic lined cans. Dairy comes in plastic, too. I would probably have to eliminate about 99% of the stuff we need. I wish there was a good answer, but as much as I've thought about it, I haven't come up with many good alternatives.

If you can buy in bulk, maybe you could make some cloth drawstring bags to use for suitable foods. We can't buy in bulk here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Goals:
    1.) Become active in my local church, spend more time reading/meditating on my Bible
    2.) EXPAND the vegetable garden...plant greater variety...eat lots more produce from the garden
    3.) Sew alot more, practice altering/repurposing items ( I can find LOTS of good quality items at my local thrifty which are functional after altering)
    4.) Build my emergency fund
    5.) Follow my budget more closely ( those late night Amazon shopping episodes MUST STOP!)
    6.) Practice keeping my mouth shut ...my family members do not need my opinion unless I am asked for it...as most time they just need someone to listen....I encouraged alot of contention last year by giving my opinion regarding their financial status.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by larabelle View Post
    Goals:
    1.) Become active in my local church, spend more time reading/meditating on my Bible
    2.) EXPAND the vegetable garden...plant greater variety...eat lots more produce from the garden
    3.) Sew alot more, practice altering/repurposing items ( I can find LOTS of good quality items at my local thrifty which are functional after altering)
    4.) Build my emergency fund
    5.) Follow my budget more closely ( those late night Amazon shopping episodes MUST STOP!)
    6.) Practice keeping my mouth shut ...my family members do not need my opinion unless I am asked for it...as most time they just need someone to listen....I encouraged alot of contention last year by giving my opinion regarding their financial status.
    Did you write my goals for me(lol) you have 4 on there that i really need to work on No 1-4-5-6 and a lot of other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast