How Do YOU Define Simple Living?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How Do YOU Define Simple Living?

How Do YOU Define Simple Living?-whatissimpleliving.jpg

Everyone has their own definition of the word “simple.” To some, it means avoiding clutter and keeping things neat and tidy. For others, it means settling only for the basics, the necessities, while forgoing the optional luxuries in life. When it comes to simple living, the definition is simple – making the most out of what you have and not letting anything go to waste. What is Simple Living?
    How do YOU define simple living?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Simple living (to me) is about living without complication. It's about doing things simply, the simple way, which for me often equates to revisiting old-fashioned ways, minus todays' technology and advancements.

You know that old saying, "some things never go out of style"? Well, I tend to agree with that old mantra, especially when applying the laws of frugality and simplicity. There's a sense of hominess and contentment I get out of doing certain things the old-fashioned (simple) way. Today's modernity's just don't provide me with the same sense, and I believe simple living runs in ones blood, you're born with it, or at least raised around it, which IMO encourages one to continue with the tradition and practice of living simple.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Simple living means living below my means. It means not having to worry about making ends meet. It means being content and satisfied with how things are. It's not necessarily the easiest way..... nor the hardest way. It's not necessarily the cheapest way. There are times that living is simpler when I have put a little money into it. For example: When I was young, I could not afford nice cooking pots. I got the cheapie ones, the thin tin ones that dented and burned. Then I had to buy them all over again. If I had had a little more money (and I didn't at the time), I could have bought better pans that would last forever. That's much more simple and in the long run, it's cheaper. When I was able to afford better pans, I bought them..... and have had them over 20 years. A simple life doesn't necessarily mean less clutter, but for me, it does. Too much stuff....messiness..... messes with my inner peace. A simple life is one where I don't feel inferior to any body, but am comfortable in my own skin.....in my own home.... in my own choices.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think the simplest life would be one where I could afford to hire someone to do everything. Got a problem, make a phone call. It doesn't get much simpler than that. That doesn't work for me since I like a challenge, although not as much as I used to. And I have to say, it's sure been great to hire a plow crew to clear our problematic driveway in winter. That's the kind of challenge we can do without, and money well spent.

A simple life in my definition is a life without too much drama and stress, where I can enjoy myself and not have to worry too much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Living below my means and being aware of the impact I have on my community and environment. I try to cut things out of my life that don't make it better in someway. A better community by volunteering and donating, or a better life by getting rid of clutter, or sometimes a better life by lightening up for a week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For me a simple life is a life without drama, with not much emphasis on "stuff" and with more emphasis on people.

I'd like to rid myself of stress so I've been actively trying to adjust my attitude toward the sources of stress.

I've always valued time over money but, lately, I'm really valuing my time and the time of others with extreme gratitude.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A simple life to me is less stress, less drama. It's having money in the bank for an emergency (less stress), not having "stuff" for the sake of having it (clutter and stuff hanging on the walls is a huge stress to me). If the item doesn't make my like simpler/easier then it has to go. It also means being able to make/do as much as I can for myself - not having to call someone every time something breaks or the stress of not having enough money to get "xxx" fixed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A simple life to me means having things about you that make you content and eliminating things that cause angst.

Each year I have been working towards this as a goal, with varying degrees of success.