What Things Have You Put Off Fixing?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What Things Have You Put Off Fixing?

Home repairs always seem to happen at the worst times — and they can be costly, especially if you have to call a professional. Here are a few things you should fix now before the repairs empty your bank account. 7 Things to Fix Now Before They Become Expensive
    What things have you put off fixing?

Are they things you could learn to fix yourself?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have done #s 1,4, and 7. Most of that list is just standard home maintenance, but the author makes a point about costs.

Our cement front steps are separating from the foundation block of the house. I suppose on a 50yr old house that is the least problem we could have. It will cost many thousands of dollars to "fix" it, though.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Really? That's all they got? Okay.

We put off too many things. Not if they're causing real damage, though.

Have you considered building a set of wood steps right over the concrete ones? That's what I would do, assuming the old ones wouldn't cause any damage to the foundation over time. You could skirt around the new steps so the old ones didn't show.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And yes, I'm sure there are a few things I could probably learn to do myself, if I really, really tried.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH is the repairman and fixer-upper in our home, and is solid when it comes to getting things and keeping things in order.

We've been slowly working on updating our home with the likes of hardwood flooring, bathroom renovations, lighting, and other miscellaneous things. It's been a slow process, as money isn't plentiful, so doing one project at a time is the only way we've been able to afford it. I'm really looking forward to replacing our sink, tub, and toilet in the main-floor bathroom sometime next year. Both sink and bathtub have seen better days, but for the time being we're making do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, we have some major repairs/replacements needed.

1) DH's car. It leaks quite a bit and our mechanic can't figure out some issues. It has a oil leak but needs water everyday. But the water pump is fine...Going more than 15 miles requires DH to turn it off so the dashboard can "reset." He does it while at a red light (!). It is 14 years old and has 225,000 miles on it.

2) A really big window. It's a window that takes up half a wall. The frame is plastic and has separated from the glass. It slides to open and we have to be really careful when opening it so the glass doesn't fall out.

Those are the major things. There are smaller things but we won't worry about those.