How Often Do You Visit Your Public Library?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default How Often Do You Visit Your Public Library?

How Often Do You Visit Your Public Library?-publiclibrary.jpg

Unfortunately, public libraries are becoming highly underutilized. In fact, some people forget that they exist entirely or don’t know what resources they have to offer. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of public libraries and how to make the most of yours. How to Make the Most of Your Public Library
    How often do you use your public library?

What services have you found there?
    Follow Frugal Village on Facebook and Pinterest!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am at our public library quite often. I like that I can request any book from anywhere in my state and they have a free puzzle exchange there that I use.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A few times a week. It is so close that I can pick up their free wifi. I like to read the local papers and I take out DVD's. I would take out books if I didn't have a huge pile of them at home in the "to be read" pile.
    Make America Kind Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

two different ones two cities that a street separates..both close.. dvds and books mostly. kids programs when they were younger.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Clearly the author of that article hasn't been to the libraries near me, which enjoy tremendous support and usage.

They have set up entrepreneur's spaces with equipment like 3D printers and video recording green rooms for rent. They have SCORE seminars that I attend free.

I also have access to Ancestry through them (though I have my own subscription).

They have online databases I can access from home and have teamed up with Hoopla to offer online kindle / electronic books.

I am there regularly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am at library alot. We can place holds on everything and it comes from several surrounding libraries.
    They also have lots of things you can download to ipads but i prefer to hold a book when i read.

Our library has a craft event every couple months. Its free and they make some nice items.
    Lots of speakers on alot of different subjects.

My husband and I go to our puzzle exchanges once a month. We usually take back an average of 20
    puzzles and bring home about the same.

In another town closer to us they have a giant book sale once week every summer. I love the magazine room.
    10 cents a mag and they have every subject you can think of and tons of issues.

LOL - i guess i love our libraries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

we don't have one

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunshine! How do you cope? Ok...only kind of kidding.

I'm at a library frequently. At least once a week.
    I get books, magazines, dvds, and sometimes use the wifi. Right now there is a beekeeping display up at the library that my beekeeping organization put up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Haven't been in several years then only twice to borrow then to take back. It's not to far away but far enough when there's nothing else in that direction you're interested in. I would only have half a day Saturday and Sunday and if I recall the hours weren't very time friendly when you work in another town Sat and have errands in another direction Sunday. Now if I could go to the one in the town where I work and used to live that'd be a different story. For some reason I got the impression you couldn't get a card from another town from where you live
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    Haven't been in several years then only twice to borrow then to take back. It's not to far away but far enough when there's nothing else in that direction you're interested in. I would only have half a day Saturday and Sunday and if I recall the hours weren't very time friendly when you work in another town Sat and have errands in another direction Sunday. Now if I could go to the one in the town where I work and used to live that'd be a different story. For some reason I got the impression you couldn't get a card from another town from where you live

I would check on that. Here we can use the libraries in different cities if we had a card in another.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use ours a lot. put things on hold online a lot. books and dvds. things for my guide group. There used to be more things for teens but the interest isn't there so they closed. One near me does run a bunch of programs for adults and kids. some teen things. a big one downtown has lots of things 3d printers, video conversion etc. more newer bigger ones are starting to do it.

They do visits for groups like guides or schools. our local one is going under renos.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We can use all the libraries in our county with our library card. I think there is around 5 or 6?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our library system covers the entire Minnesota arrowhead which is about 1/4 of the state, geographically. We can request books and other materials through interlibrary loan from any arrowhead library, and it will be delivered to our local library. We can also request stuff statewide but it's a more complex process. We also can download e books and magazines from our library, which I love, especially during cold and flu season, while I'm on vacation, during bouts of insomnia, during bad weather when I don't want to go out, or when the library itself is not open.

We just got a new library, and it's always busy there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marthamfi View Post
    I would check on that. Here we can use the libraries in different cities if we had a card in another.
    I remember when we moved I went to the new towns library and they wouldn't let me use the old towns card. I mean geesh.... only a few miles away. But no... they wouldn't let me. Not a big deal really with the new card but again I'd been better off keeping the old card and using it. However if I remember right... and I might not... they took the old one.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do not use our other libraries in our county, just the one closest to me (but I could) but I do request books from them and can also request books from any library, even college libraries, in the entire state of Michigan. I believe this is includes the U.P. also.

That is strange Niko that you can't use a library in another town. I'm sure though that every state does things differently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast