Frugal Village Forums banner

Yay!Finally a good update about my job!

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  cottageliving 
#1 ·
As a lot of you know, I work nights and it is extremely tiring and stressful. Finally, my supervisor was able to get me all day shifts! I am surprised and so happy! Bad news is that DS will have to be in daycare longer than I would like and that is an extra $200 a month but at this point, it is so worth it. I feel like I can be myself again and not some zombie trying to just make it through the day. Now I even have more time to be organized and get ourselves back in gear financially. I feel like my prayers have been answered. Just wanted to let you all know cause I know a lot of you know my situation and had been wishing my prayers and PT's. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
While that IS good news - what will that $200/month do to your debt reduction plan?

The $200 has to come from somewhere - where?

Yep - holding your feet to the fire here and raining on your parade. Sorry. :)

#3 ·
Yes, we wont be able to pay off the debt as quickly as I would like because we certainly could use the extra to throw towards debt. I may be able to get an extra PT job-I just sent in my resume to the owner of the company, so we will see how it goes. Plus, I now will have the weekends freed up to pick up extra shifts if need be. It is worth it for my sanity though. I am so tired all of the time, and I have been having panic attacks lately and my sleep is so off, I wake up sometimes and freak out thinking I am late for work, or missed work, etc. it's physically taking a toll on me. So yeah financially it will be harder but I would rather it be just hard financially then hard financially and physically.

#4 ·
Congratulations on getting all day shifts! :dancing: I'm glad it worked out the way you were hoping for.

Debbie in Missouri

#6 ·
Glad to hear that you got a shift that will help you out! DH worked nights when we first got together and even worked two jobs for awhile (2 full time jobs) and barely slept. So I know how hard it is!

Your health and sanity are most important. If your job is endangering that, it is important to make some changes, even if it will effect your budget. As long as you can still pay down your debt, even if it isn't as quickly as you'd hoped...your health is more important!

#7 ·
Good for you. Hope you get things back in order quickly.

#9 ·
Great news..I feel sorry for anybody that works the graveyard shift period! I read somewhere that it takes years of your life...Health comes first in my book whether it be physical or mental..I'm glad your spirit and :brainy: has been lifted with this shift change...:chug:

#10 ·
Glad you finally got a daytime shift. :)

--Michelle

#11 ·
Well then I'm happy for you - nothing is more important than your health.

#15 ·
Woohoo, so glad your finding balance in your life! :goodbad:

#16 ·
such great news! Congrats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.