child support
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: child support

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default child support

I am so confused. My x is supposed to deploy next month and I want to get the cs set up to come out of his check and ins. finalized. I have been told to call DHS and I have been told to call his commanding officer. DHS really hasn't been much help and want money to get it setup (I have a court order with them on it to be the middle man from 2001 and they have never been involved). X has told me many lies about how the military will not take cs out and they will not put ds on X's health ins. (which he is court ordered to provide) and etc. Yes, I believed him (stupid). He is a little over 2.5 months late on cs and the last ck bounced and he refuses to pay the return ck fee. He has had several late payments and bounced cks (which until now he has made good on except for the return ck fees). He is court ordered to pay 1/2 of all medical expenses that the ins. doesn't pay and he hasn't done that in 7.5 yrs. We are living hand to mouth and I need to find out the cheapest and best way to get this setup. Anyone have any ideas? If the commander is the best place to start, how do I find out who that is? I know where he is and his rank but I don't know his ss# or his job title. TIA.

ETA: Divorce lawyer’s office said they may not be able to find any info on my case.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sure someone here will know what you should do.

I have a friend in the military and child support is taken out of his check.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, call the Office of the Commanding Officer. Where is your ex-dh stationed?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    Yes, call the Office of the Commanding Officer. Where is your ex-dh stationed?
    Camp Shelby in Hattiesburg, MS.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you have any old tax returns? You could possibly get the social off of those.

I would call the general information number for the base/fort (it will be in the phone book) and let them know that you are looking for the commanding officer for the father of your children. They will know what direction to point you in or what other office you need to call.

Don't let him lie to you. He could get in serious trouble for not paying child support and not covering the child on his insurance. The military will certainly take money out of his check for the care of his dependent(s). Definitely try to get this corrected before he leaves.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ansley View Post
    Camp Shelby in Hattiesburg, MS.
    Contact Numbers

24 hour Camp Shelby Help Line
    1-866-887-0155

Call that number. Inform them that one of their personnel is not making good on his court ordered child support, and who can you talk to on the base about dealing with this. Let them know you absolutely need to get your child support, but would rather do this painlessly if possible and not have to get the courts involved to order a garnishment.

NOBODY can address this problem more effectively than the chain of command. Trust me on this one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Actually, I was curious, so I called. I asked if there was a procedure for dealing with a member who wasn't paying court ordered child support. The help desk gave me the number for the Finance Department.

Call 601-558-2553.

And please - let us know how it turns out!
    Last edited by Greebo; 09-08-2008 at 04:29 PM.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Also--don't let him lie. His child support can come directly out of his checks and your child can be covered by his health insurance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Greebo is there anything you won't do? Thanks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Greebo is there anything you won't do? Thanks.
    It was more for appeasing my curiosity than anything, but glad I could help if it helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They don't know, they don't know, they don't know. He did give me a # for the CS but couldn't help me with the ins., finding out if X is really deploying or not or a who to call to find out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, call up that help desk number, ask for the number of the Commanding Officer, and start there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so confused. My x is supposed to deploy next month and I want to get the cs set up to come out of his check and ins. finalized. I have been told to call DHS and I have been told to call his commanding officer. DHS really hasn't been much help and want money to get it setup (I have a court order with them on it to be the middle man from 2001 and they have never been involved). X has told me many lies about how the military will not take cs out and they will not put ds on X's health ins. (which he is court ordered to provide) and etc. Yes, I believed him (stupid). He is a little over 2.5 months late on cs and the last ck bounced and he refuses to pay the return ck fee. He has had several late payments and bounced cks (which until now he has made good on except for the return ck fees). He is court ordered to pay 1/2 of all medical expenses that the ins. doesn't pay and he hasn't done that in 7.5 yrs. We are living hand to mouth and I need to find out the cheapest and best way to get this setup. Anyone have any ideas? If the commander is the best place to start, how do I find out who that is? I know where he is and his rank but I don't know his ss# or his job title. TIA.

ETA: Divorce lawyer’s office said they may not be able to find any info on my case.
    If you have a court ordered child support case, call your local child support office and report him, they will go after him through the military and you dont have to screw with calling his CO or anything else! if it is legally stated that he pay child support and provide insurance then the state child support office will go after him through the military and he will have NO choice in the matter what so ever!
    You dont have copies of your divorce??....look up "state" child support enforcement or "state" child support division, they will have a copy of the order!
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nvmommyx6 View Post
    If you have a court ordered child support case, call your local child support office and report him, they will go after him through the military and you dont have to screw with calling his CO or anything else! if it is legally stated that he pay child support and provide insurance then the state child support office will go after him through the military and he will have NO choice in the matter what so ever!
    You dont have copies of your divorce??....look up "state" child support enforcement or "state" child support division, they will have a copy of the order!
    Good luck!
    I had "junk copies". I got the offical copies last friday.

Local child support office said they do not have a case file for me and I will have to pay them to get this set up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had "junk copies". I got the offical copies last friday.

Local child support office said they do not have a case file for me and I will have to pay them to get this set up.
    Where is the case originally from?....you have to call that states child support division! If the court order is through the state they handle your case for free....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast