New here-really ready but really nervous
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default New here-really ready but really nervous

I became an RN 11 years ago, swore my life would be different, and it is..........I have so much debt and no money sense. I have never had it. Doesn't make sense because I am pretty smart. My problems is my anxiety is so bad over finances that I can open an envelope but cannot look at the ink on the page. I just stack it in nice tidy pile. Well, I started a spreadsheet tonight after church. I know my situation is bad but I'm pretty sure it's not nearly as bad as the panic I feel when the phone rings. I have a lot of debt but most of it is student loans. I am ready to change my life and pay these long overdue bills off. I looked on my credit rating and saw debts of like 34.00 and 60.00 and I couldn't believe it. These are not bills I couldn't pay, these are just an area of my life I was so overwhelmed in that my credit score has suffered deeply.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's ok you've come to the right place. There are a lot of wonderful people here who will give you great advice. You've taken the first step and that is a GREAT start. Everyone here will give you their tried and true best. My best is to read Dave Ramsey's book Financial Peace. It really changed the way I look at debt and how to attack it and get on the road to living and saving for the future. Best of luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a really crazy question. I have one of the newer LCD TV's. Can I pickup local channels if I drop cable?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome to FV!! I am a newbie also!! This is a great a place for help.. No need to be nervous..

Great people, Great tips, etc.!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by tulsanurse1 View Post
    I have a really crazy question. I have one of the newer LCD TV's. Can I pickup local channels if I drop cable?
    I'm pretty sure. Go into your menu and check channel setup. You probably will just need an antenna.

Welcome to FV.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by tulsanurse1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    I'm pretty sure. Go into your menu and check channel setup. You probably will just need an antenna.
    Not sure about your area tulsanurse but with the changes my area went through last year you don't need an antenna anymore. If your stations have gone to HD - high def. (and wasn't that federally mandated??)...then you probably won't need anything with a newer TV. (I had an older one and had to buy the box)

I get all the local stations and then some.......

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome to Frugal Village.
    Don't be afraid or nervous, we don't bite. We have had many folks in dire straights the past few years and guess what? They are still here, still working at debt and they are well supported by the folks here.
    We don't judge but you may hear things that are truthful, kind and helpful.

If you're willing to post your budget, a lot of folks here are AWESOME at finding where you are wasting money and show where you can save.

Or you can also PM someone and do it privately. Again, welcome to Frugal Village and good luck on your debt free journey. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Village. You have found a group of folks that have most likely been there, done that and are working toward a more stable financial future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What Russ said....plus there are a couple of us that might growl, but don't bite

Welcome...this place sure helped me!

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the village! You have come to the right place for sure. With a bit more of you info there are plenty of people who can give you the direction you need to start getting your finances in order. You get this under control and you will not have to be afraid of the phone or what is inside of an envelope again.

Again welcome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome! Don't be nervous...just jump right in, start reading and posting. Lot of super nice people here. All supportive and willing to help. Glad you found the site and you won't regret it.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome
    There are so many people here who have been through so much financially and are in so many different levels related to finances. You will learn so much if you just hang around. Posting your budget will definitely give you alot of perspectives and GREAT advice. I know that it is scary but you can do it. And do not be surprised if some days you just feel like quitting. There were several days/months in which i felt like my finances mimicked a Country and Western down and out song. But then things slowly started changing....now I am almost out of debt.
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's the plan that makes things different, not more income. Look at those Lotto winners that end up going bankrupt shortly after winning.

One of the nice things about being here is that we're all learning from each other. We are looking forward to learning from you while you learn from us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome! We are so happy you are here!!! If you feel like it, post your budget (if your comfortable) and maybe we can help!!

And as far as the TV, you should be able to pick up channels!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Every days a new one. Past behavior isn't present. List those bills and get a plan going. people here have come thru financial fire storms and have paid some "I'm w/ stupid" bills too. We're all pretty nice and will be glad to help.
    I have paid off over $80,000 worth of debt in the past 5 years and love to coupon. Everyone here can help in diff. ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast