Hard times..
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard times..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Hard times..

So we have no income at this time totally unprepared

we are selling what we have and looking for work and ways to make money or get money

rent is paid for december

what do you pay first when you money is inconsistent?

Bills are as follows:
    Comcast (past due and current) $382
    geico (cancellation 17th) $80
    vet (automatic w/d) $100
    electric y $600 (can probably get away with $150-200)
    bankruptcy $342
    loan $29 wkly
    att (phone) $319 dec 28th
    jan rent $885 (awesome landlord would prob work with us)
    water not do till jan
    dr owed $30
    my rx $8 (this week)
    kids school $10 (this week)

comcast is $192 past due cable and internet in contract but i think there is no contract termination fees..have a couple of weeks before interruption called today about options : Payment arrangements and/or extension

vet wont cancel payment or change it

geico will work with partial payment extends time by a couple of weeks

electricity is high from the summer months been paying it down total due in dec $600 can probably be ok with $150-200 payment, can do payment arrange where i make a deposit and the remaining is split in 6 payments added to each monthly bill plus the new bill must pay in full on time every month..which im a bit scared will be impossible to manage at this time.

Att - i can probably get a payment arrangement but it might just be cut off for the first time ever in 10 yrs

bankruptcy - due by the end of the month - no options
    loan - refinanced small loan last night for an additional $235 deposited in acct tomorrow at $29 a week..we were already paying it, didnt see to much harm in getting a little cash back to help out

i owe my family physican $30 by the end of december but they will work with me

sons school needs $10 this week for breakfast with santa and pic i figured this is the most frugal way to get there pics done this year at $3 ea plus breakfast

rx $8 this week

checking balance
    $28

incoming
    $235 loan
    $200 warranty refund
    $300 from parents for xmas for kids
    $24 refund

remaining food stamps
    $133

-$100 on kids xmas gift already spent
    -$100 expected on kids xmas

listed many items on cl
    several different video games systems
    xmas gifts i bought for other peopple - luckily i spent very little because i shop the deals
    my iphone

my iphone has lots of interested might be sold tomorrow for
    $135

which then i can lower my plan a lot!

Thanks for any insite!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We lowed thermostat to 65
    have some firewood
    turning off oil furnance for water unless we need it on..so its off like every other day now

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First of all, hugs to you and your family And I will just offer what I might do if faced with the difficulty...

what do you pay first when you money is inconsistent? Shelter and food first So you have $787, you still need $100 for January and have to figure out a way to get at least that much within a few weeks. Sounds like you need to go apply for assistance from whomever and wherever you can get it, start looking to health and human services agencies and call/apply for everything you can get.

jan rent $885 - arrange to pay 1/2 and 1/2 if necessary but I wouldn't let it go past 1/15

electric y $600 (can probably get away with $150-200) - Can you just send them $25? And be vigilant about policing your usage so you don't get more buried.
    water not do till jan - Pay a minimum, perhaps $25 to keep them at bay? Again, be completely careful about your usage so you don't get further buried.

my rx $8 (this week) - Go get it.

geico (cancellation 17th) $80 - can you do without driving? Any other options for transportation?

Comcast (past due and current) $382 - CANCEL and they can wait
    vet (automatic w/d) $100 - Call your bank and cancel it.
    dr owed $30 - THEY CAN WAIT
    bankruptcy $342 - I don't know how this works so I can't offer advice
    att (phone) $319 dec 28th - CANCEL and get ONE prepaid phone with only minimum usage for calling school or your parents, then let ATT wait for payment, or see if you can go on your parents plan for cheap? That is who I would ask first, I would ask for it as a Christmas present.

loan $29 wkly - I don't know what this is so can't offer advice but sounds like it can WAIT

kids school $10 (this week) - I think you can buy breakfast cereal for cheaper and pictures are completely unnecessary. It hurts but you are in a dire emergency, every dollar counts. Otherwise call the school and ask what they can do to make this happen for $0.00, usually they have free lunches to families who qualify, see if this falls under that umbrella since it's breakfast. I know some kids get everything for free because of their financial status. Also, be sure to apply for FREE lunches if you don't already get them.

-$100 on kids xmas gift already spent
    -$100 expected on kids xmas

Does this actually mean you think you are going to spend more money on Christmas?? If so, absolutely don't do it! If you can find a place (Salv. Army) where you can apply to be a recipient family, you are NEEDY and qualify for help. You can't afford to spend ANYTHING on Christmas. You need to return every single gift you bought in order to get your cash back for SHELTER and FOOD. I pray you recognize that Christmas is only one day. It sounds like you have school-age kids so I understand wanting to do presents for Christmas but you are in dire need of help.

I hope all works out and I pray that your family can make ends meet especially for your kids' sake. Again, look for assistance, you are in need of help. Prayers to your family during this time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Getting ready for work so without saying any more at this point I will say this and I'm sure you are already aware of it.

You have a bankruptcy payment there so apparently you filed a Chapter 13. If you default on it the bankruptcy is thrown out and all creditors can then come after you again. The Trustee/Court alerts all creditors that it is not in bankruptcy anymore. You can't file again for another 6 months.

I'm in no way saying pay the Trustee before eating please understand that. Just wanted you to know this in making your decisions. Not all lawyers tell all the details before filing.

Hugs and will follow thread later. I'm so sorry.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~As I see it, you need to make more money fast. Selling everything you can is a great start!
    If your kids are in school then you can work. How about printing up a flyer to clean houses for or after the holidays? Can you bake anything? Fresh goodies and candy trays sell really well this time of the year. Can you provide childcare or pet sitting? Call your friends and ask if you can work for or make things for them. Visit local churches and talk to the pastors about your situation. Ask the church to pray for your family and you may be surprised how many people want to help you. Yes it's humiliating but being homeless would be a lot worse.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate ironing....and for the very first time, I took dh's shirts to the cleaners so I can have a break during the holidays.....can you iron?? I would gladly pay someone what I am paying the cleaners, if I knew they needed help! Look under *Gigs* on Craigslist for temp/one time jobs. I once earned 40.00 by folding someone's huge pile of laundry!!!! (4 hours worth!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Went through the same situation in the 80's.
    I was about 8 months pregnant, ex laid off without warning and we were already broke in the first place. We packed up everything we could fit in our old caprice classic, plus one toddler and a cat and moved to Mississippi from N.C. We moved in a small trailer ( a dump in a dicey area) for 50 a week utilities included and yes you can still find dumps like that. My ex went to work with his Dad for 6.50 an hour, was used to making 12. I applied for food stamps and medicaid. Paid what I could on the old electric bill etc. and lived on a shoe string budget until we could do better. It was hard, ate a lot of beans and we made the best of it, cleaned up the dump and made it a home. Actually kind of cute once I was through, had a lot if moral support from my ex's family, but we were all poor.

Really no advice, but thought you might get something out of my experience. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Dh and I were in a like situation during 1 pregnancy. I was on full bed rest and he lost his job. Rent and food and rx first. Have you applied for all help you may be able to get?

Are you eligible to sell plasma?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

would be able to sell plasma how do i get startered?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by sahm2boys View Post
    would be able to sell plasma how do i get startered?
    Just call the closest plasma center and set up a physical/ donation. I just heard a radio ad that our is paying $60 a week for 2 visits. I used to do it years ago. Most even have a free fun daycare.

That could add up if you both did it .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok just called they pay $25
    not sure its worth the gas its all the way down town and i have an expedition (which thankfully the last payment was november)

maybe if hubby and i both go it would be helpful

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

cant dontate we both have tattoos i have 2 he has several

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by sahm2boys View Post
    cant dontate we both have tattoos i have 2 he has several
    Did you they actually say no and explain why? The reason I ask is I have 1 tattoo and a piercing . Dh has 9 tattoos. We both were eligible to donate. The only rule was it had to be 1 year since your last tattoo and of course your tests had to come back hep and aids free. I'm just wondering if you got someone who didnt feel like answering ?'s.

How far is downtown?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

About 25 minutes away
    my last tattoo was this summer and my husband has his own equipment he did one recently

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We listed my husbands custom truck on ebay if that sells it 3 months of bills
    we listed the motorcycle and inclosed trailer as well

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast