I can't believe this is happening to me
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default I can't believe this is happening to me

Beginning of February I recieved my tax refund. I paid all my bills plus paid extra so I woule be bill free for March. I started an EF and bought things my kids needed and wanted. I got paid yesterday and went grocery shopping plus spent $30 on movies my kids wanted to own, filled up my gas tank, and set aside $50 for the next 2 weeks for spending.

I had gave my parents my EF and extra money I had to take care of medical bills.

I recieved a bill yesterday from my gas heting bill, $370, something was wrong because I sent a money order for $400 beginning of the month. I called the automated number and it does not show my payment. I got a person on the phone and my money order was not recieved. It was put in the mail 3 weeks ago. I'm assuming it was lost in the mail. On top of that the gas bill is in my moms name because I couldn't afford to pay the deposit at the time so I can't seek help for a bill that is not in my name.

So now I owe this bill. My next paycheck was going to pay rent. So i'm $370 short

I did some mystery shops yesterday and that will get me $35 the middle of march and I had to cancell the mystery shop I had the rest of this weekend that would have brought me money in APril because I can't payout extra money right now.

ANything of value i've had was sold a long time ago. I'm trying to think of things to sell. I did efile my state taxes yesterday and will get $80 back but not sure when. I mailed in my ammended taxes yesterday and will get back $700 but again don't know when that will be recieved earlier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Do you still have the money order reciept? You can go to the post office or online to find out if it was cashed..Can you call the company where the fuel was purchased and arrange a payment plan in the mean time till you findout what happen to the money order..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Breathe...

Okay, first find your money order receipt call the 800# and put a tracer on the money order. If it has been cashed have the money order company mail you a copy showing it has been cashed. Utility companies have been known to credit the wrong accounts.

If the money order hasn't been cashed go through the steps to stop payment. In the mean time you could have your mom enter into a payment arrangement with the gas company.

If it was lost in the mail, eventually it should find its way back to you or your mother. One of our house payments was lost years ago and I knew I had sent it...eventually the payment came back to us in a special envelope from the post office...the check & coupon were mangled by one of their machines.

Don't lose hope, this is a fixable situation!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, so I will say it for you. CRAP!

Try to figure out what is going on with the money order. You should have some type of receipt for the money order. If there is a number call it and find out what can be done in this type of situation.

Also, sometimes if you explain what is going on to landlord they will let you make the rent in two payments. Just tell them I have X amount now and will give you the rest on this date. Make sure you stick to the dates and amounts.

So sorry to hear you are going through this. Especially since you are trying to help your parents out. Try to keep a calm head about it so you can figure out what to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh no! I hope that you find the money order!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

CRAP! It's so disappointing when you think you are ahead of the game and then you find out your behind. I hope they find it soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh no! Concentrate on finding what happend to that money order first and then work your way through your options. Keep checking with the gas company to see if they got it. Hope things get better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ugh I have to search for that money order stub.

I guess I just need to worry about the past due amount of $182. I had $64 in my bank account so i'm sending them that Monday and I believe I should have my state refund within 2 weeks so that will be a total of $144.

I'm going to work super hard this week but i'm capped at 40 hours Monday through Sunday. I have this weekend and all of next week for rent and possibly extra for the gas.

I called my mom and told her what happened so she is going to call about payment arrangement and let them know a payment will e mailed Monday and another payment in a couple of weeks.

It would really be nice if someone will pay child support. That would get me out of this mess.

I'm lucky I do have a job so i'll go into survival mode and work as hard as I can and get an EF in place again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dang! What a shock that must've been for you. I agree with the others...try to find out what happened to the money order and if it might've been credited to someone else's acount. Good luck and let us know what happens.

--Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you have court ordered child support for your children? ( sorry i can't remember sort of brain dead right now )

Anyways if you have court ordered child support then he is required by law to pay the money. Here is a link to DHS in Michigan:
    http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,1607,7...7443--,00.html

If you don't have court ordered child support talk to someone in DHS about groups who help women get the child support they need to stay afloat.

Another thing that has helped me when i get those little stubs i attach them to the bill they paid that way i know what is going on.. then file it in a little file box i got from walmart for less then $5. I started doing that after the electric co. tried to tell me i hadn't paid $187 dollars on my electric bill so i could transfer service. Worst part was i had paid at a payment center it was 2 days before it showed up and the whole time i was FREAKING!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do have court ordered child support

ex-husband is in prison so he has no way to pay. I don't care if he ever pays, he's a drug addict and cannot take care of himself. My daughter does not like being around him and is very happy to have a telephone only relationship with him.

ex-boyfriend after paying child support for 11 months has decided he's paid more than enough and has stopped paying even though there is an order. He's tried to sue me twice wanting me to pay him monthly money. He always came to my house every other weekend for 2 days to visit and since he stopped paying he won't visit. Last year the state confiscated his state refund and gave it to me, maybe i'll see his state refund again this year if he files.

Child support has been a pain and a nightmare for me. It would be nice if they willingly gave some help without suing me, stressing me out, etc

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mmy2grls~ Thats horrible... i know in NC there is a group that by the state i think who just takes absent parents to court who aren't paying there court ordered child suppport. Then they will take them to jail if must be.

Maybe since your Ex husband is in jail there is a program for mothers of children of prisoners that could help you out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hon, my heart goes out to you. It will probably show up. and men are crappy about paying c.s. and so are son`s about paying for there son.