Toy/Doll Collectors?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Toy/Doll Collectors?

Though it totally goes against my want to be more fiscally responsible, less consumeristic, and more environmentally friendly, everyone's gotta have their little hobbies to enrich your heart, right?

I collect girl toys from the 80's (some of which are still in production) like Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Sylvanian Families, and American Girl. Nowadays I'm mostly into the 18 inch dolls, like the AGs. I recently got myself Kathleen, a Life of Faith doll, to be a mini me. She looks just like me when I was little, I think. And yes, I do "play" with them (dress them, set up scenes, make stories up in my head of their adventures.) It's better than therapy!

DH collects Dr Who toys. He still has all his Transformers and Star Wars guys from when he was little, he's also a comic book geek DH has all this is his office, and I have a room that I call my play room, basically looks like a six year old girl's dream room, lol. Lord, please let me have a daughter someday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I collect Fisher-Price "Little People" toys made only from 1979 and before. I have the houses, school house, barn, playground, several buses, airplane, furniture, the people, animals....I could go on and on. I played with my little people for hours everyday and really love collecting them now as an adult.

DD (age 15) collects Transformer toys from the 80's only. Since she was not born in the 80's and I did not play with Transformers, we have had to purchase all of her items over the past five or six years. Her more expensive pieces were won on ebay auctions. Others were bought at yard sales and flea markets. She has some great items and takes pride in everyone of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, I loved Little People when I was small! Erm, except the day I was chewing on one and popped the head off and back my throat lol. I guess that's why they aren't that small anymore!

Do you have the amusement park? I always wanted that set.

My favorite thing was the nursery school. I think I got that in 82 though. So cute!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I collect dolls from the 40s and 50s. They were given away for so many dollars worth of grocery store receipts. My parents collected them for me. Each doll was dressed in an outfit from a different country. Their eyes moved, but that was all. They were about 6 inches tall. I look for them now in antique stores, but they are pretty expensive.

Hubby collects marvel comics, or rather I should say he DID collect. He sold the entire collection last fall, and I could not believe how much they were worth!

We have the Fisher-Price school and hospital and house and airport and KFC, and camper, etc, along with the people. Son liked to play with them, but now the grandkids love 'em.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I collect dolls and teddybears...also toy tea sets and children's books..my dolls are mostly porcelain, but I have some vinyl and Raggedy Ann and Andy..I also have my Archie comics from the late sixties and early seventies

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm sorry to say I can never come visit any of you. My two biggest (irrational) fears are clowns and dolls. Those porcelain dolls with the moving eyes...ohhhhhh...so scary!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post
    Well, I'm sorry to say I can never come visit any of you. My two biggest (irrational) fears are clowns and dolls. Those porcelain dolls with the moving eyes...ohhhhhh...so scary!
    Haha, usually that's the question friends ask my husband when they first see my "play room" -- how do you deal with all the eyes staring at you?

Make sure you never see the 80's horror movie "Dolls". It's totally your nightmare, lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Between "Dolls" and "Poltergeist" where the clown doll dragged the boy under the bed, thus began my nightmare!!! I was an 80's child!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I collect anything to do with Peanuts.

Even though it is really difficult to come by, in the Netherlands you can only find Snoopy and mostely on pyamas.

When I visited the US last November I bought 3 Hallmark cards (the $0.99) and got a big fur Snoopy that plays the Peanuts theme for only $10.
    Then I bought a Hallmark Christmastree decoration (Charlie, Sally and Snoopy reading the comics in a chair) and for $10 got 3 plates with scenes from Peanuts from the 50's, this was soooooo cool!

I now order my 'complete peanuts' from amazone.com, just received the last one 1967-1968.

I just love good ol' Charlie Brown, we even named our dog after him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have porcelain doll`s.

Registered User Monroe on a Budget's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a Barbie doll collector. I started this hobby in 1995, and for a few years I went to the doll shows and toy stores to get a really fun collection going.

With family finances being tight for the past four years I have not made any major acquisitions.

But there are three to five new releases each year we consider "must have" additions to my collection. Husband places order on line, knowing that he's buying something I would like for birthday or anniversary!

The last time I bought a doll myself was three years ago on ebay - I wanted a specific out-of-production Skipper size doll for an outfit I wanted to make from a pattern.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Barbie and family and friends from the mid-60's and Liddle Kiddles.