Clan of Barefooters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Clan of Barefooters

Looking for others that like the feel of mud between your toes. I started barefooting last year to lose weight. I've got a bad back and can't run shod...shocks my back too much. Went online and found a couple barefoot sites, read them...the health benefits made a lot of sense.

The result is that I am barefoot or close to it all the time now, even in winter. I'm working my way up to running a 6k trail run May 7th.

On the frugal side, last spring I bought 3 pair of water shoes at WM for $24. I now have one pair for work, one pair to get dirty, and one unworn pair. I gave away or threw out all my shoes except for one pair of steel toed ones that I need for going on quarry digs (rock collecting is a hobby of mine).

How about you?

[ame="http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l483/lee_parker1/bare%20footing/"]bare footing pictures by lee_parker1 - Photobucket[/ame]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I walk around my property all the time either barefoot or with just socks on. In the winter, I wear shoes because it is wet and COLD, so I always have to have a little breaking-in period in the spring where I get used to the direct feel of the dirt/rocks/etc under my feet.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As a child, when I wasn't in school our out with mom, I was barefoot all the time. Now, rarely, except around the house. My feet are too tender and I live in town, too much asphalt and yuck to step in (even see the occasional hype needle). But I've thought that if I ever decide to take up running I'd like a pair of those vibram fivefingers, when I was younger I preferred to run barefoot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not as adventurous as you with the snow but I will normally be found barefoot in warmer weather outside & all the time indoors. Shoes go on when I walk and when running errands.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am barefoot all summer. Can't stand shoes but they are necessary in the winter months.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm a barefoot person - but inside. Actually, I'm not out much unless I'm going to work or going shopping, except to step down the sidewalk to the mailbox (which I will do barefoot). With diabetes, the outside is too uncontrolled an environment for going barefoot. My doctor even wanted me to wear shoes in the house and I flatly refused. I can't stand for my feet to be hot, so I wear sandals year round, even when we have our cold snaps and rare snowfalls. Shoes are an affliction.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love going barefoot inside when it is warm enough. Outside only once in a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Even though i have lived in country most of my life i just can not walk out side bare footed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love being barefoot. Snow didn't used to stop me till I got older and now I tend to get too many cramps when barefoot in the snow.

Shoes tend to be the last thing I put on before leaving the house and the first thing I take off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ceashels View Post
    I love being barefoot. Snow didn't used to stop me till I got older and now I tend to get too many cramps when barefoot in the snow.

Shoes tend to be the last thing I put on before leaving the house and the first thing I take off.
    I am with you on all points! I can't stand to wear shoes. But now if it's cold or snowy outside, I have to.

Flip flops are a good second in the garden at times though - squash plants bite back!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Im barefoot quite a bit but I have to be careful because I got trench foot in Kuwait and damaged my feet so I can't feel the heat or cold like a normal person can. It does make for some fun walking out onto asphalt in August in Texas and watching the neighbors go *boogle* Now, Ill out a pair of slippers on if I need to throw something out or get the mail.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bare-footing while I'm fishing. Nothing better than squishy mud between the toes on a hot summer day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate shoes and socks on my feet. So at home I am barefoot all the time. I also live in the city so that is a huge no no outside because of needles etc. So in the spring and summer I tend to just wear flip flops. In the winter I have to wear winter boots because -25 is just to darn cold to walk in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I'm always barefoot in the house. As a kid I was always barefoot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Barefoot!

I can't stand the feeling of confinement socks & shoes offer. I don't even OWN any socks.

Inside the house, on the patio and even around the quad, I am running around with no shoes.

Even in winter I have been spotted running to the car in a blizzard barefoot... of course as soon as I come in the house and wipe my feet off I can be heard saying "well, that wasn't the best idea"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast