Homebody Kith
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homebody Kith

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Homebody Kith

Hi, My name is Cheryl and I'm a homebody. I love to putter around my home and knit, read, quilt, even clean sometimes.

I'm not anti-social or dislike people, I just like peace, quiet, calm surroundings. After raising two boys (with dh) and having all their friends come over and almost live here, I finally have calm. We are empty nesters.

I enjoyed all of the many sports my boys played and involved myself in tons of school and sports related activities for years--gladly--for my kids. But I longed to be home in the privacy of my haven, reading or doing crafts. Or cooking.

I have never understood the folks I know who's first words in life must have been "Let's go......" (fill in the blank) Go-go-go people. I would defend to the death (well almost) their right to BE that way, but for myself--->.

Any other Homebody's here on FV?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess for the most part I am but I do like getting "out" about once a week.
    Dd 22 asked me the other day if I really like being home alone all the time. I always thought when they flew the nest I'd go find a job and so far I haven't...I will someday. I just enjoy keeping house & puttering around here. Love the solitude and always have something to do. Cat and wildlife outside keep me company when Hubby isn't around and there is the phone, computer, radio, tv, to fill in the gaps as I go through my day cooking, cleaning, reading, playing & just enjoying. It's a full rich life, lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I enjoy the solitude and tranquility of being home alone with my cats, renovating, puttering, gardening, and reading. I've travelled for work for almost 10 years, and am thrilled to be home every day. My 27yr old daughter lives w/me but I rarely see her. Am working from home, while seeking local employment. I, too, was very involved in daughter's and community activities when she was young. I enjoyed the quality of life we had then and am considering becoming a foster parent. Still have lots to give, have the space, the heart, and the stamina. It fits into my homebody personality and is something I've wanted to do for years but could not due to travel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm another homebody but I do have a wander lust. I stay at home most days, alone, doing my own thing. I clean, cook, wash, keep our books, help my dad with things and am always, I mean always busy but I do love to travel when we get the chance. Gripey and I have started doing a few more things than we used to, in the last couple of years and we are having a lot of fun. I'm always thrilled to be home again though. I am a homebody but I want to see more of the world than this small town I grew up in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a lurking newbie, and a serious homebody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am a homebody. it seems as if I enjoy my moments alone.. but i am always found out sometime or another. But my simple life is so full, i couldn't imagine it any other way. In my younger 20's i left home, lived in nyc, wild and free. I think having all that running around tamed me in my 40's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I prefer being at home. I like quiet and am never bored, always finding something to do. Can go days and days without leaving the house, it's just fine with me. It makes those times we do go somewhere not so overwhelming, because I can just decompress when I get back home. Love it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Decompress---- That's how I feel also, Pammy. It's not like I have agoraphobia or anything, but I feel on overload when I go out somewhere sometimes. I have to go to a wedding on Saturday, and I'm not dreading it, just kind of . I enjoy myself at events like that (get to be with siblings and all), but can't wait to get home and get in comfy clothing and be with my doggie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am a total homebody. Other than going to work and grocery shopping, I prefer staying home! My DBF and I go for drives occasionally and we visit my grandparents weekly, but that's about it. For me, going out usually just = stress. We did a tiny bit of Christmas shopping last weekend (first time I'd been to a store other than a grocery store in MONTHS) and it wore me out! I like looking up stuff on the PC, reading forums, watching TV shows and movies, reading, spending time w/ my furbaby and DBF... just relaxing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a total homebody too. My dh is a go-go-go person...makes life interesting at times. He laughs because I go 2 or 3 weeks at a time without leaving our place here (except for church). After growing up in a household of 13, I love the peace & quiet of being alone. When I get bored I go check on the chickens or hike go for a hike. But I mostly like to putter around the house. I went to town yesterday for the first time in November...picked up a few groceries and ran some necessary errands.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

homebody during the week, not so homebody during the weekends

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm a homebody for sure! Dh always thinks I'm trying to be anti-social, but I'm uncomfortable at bars or other peoples houses. I don't like being around a lot of people. I've always been that way, but I'm trying to get out more, its a comprimise for him. He likes to go out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a definite homebody...I enjoy being at home rather than being out. I like to go places with my husband and kids, but for the most time, I love being at home. I like to do things around the house, I always work to 'improve' our environment.
    I'm only 22, but I am a definite homebody. People bug me about it all the time, but it's not like I don't like people, I just LOVE my home!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a homebody. I try not to leave the house too much unless it's for work which is just a few days a week. I usually try to make one trip to WalMart a week and of course never ending Dr appts for my son. With that that costs enough in gas so I certainly try to keep other outings to a minimum.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So good to know I'm not alone in hanging home a lot.

It's just such a more peaceful way to live, IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast