Any cake decorators out there?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Any cake decorators out there?

I have a passion for decorating cakes and just wondering if anyone else out there has the same passion? My favorite things to make are sculpted cakes, painting on cakes, flowers and anything out of the ordinary. I have also started making cake toppers in polymer clay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Am I the only Cake decorator/Sugar artist???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I saw your cakes on your link, amazing talent.

We have a cookie decorator that does great work too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    I saw your cakes on your link, amazing talent.

We have a cookie decorator that does great work too.

Thanks for the kind comment
    Who is the cookie decorator? That counts also, I want to get into cookie decorating. I have no one in my friends or family that have the same passion so I would like to meet people here that have the same interests. Chocolate and pulled sugar are also some of my interests. Basically all sugar arts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've purchased a few of the Wilton kits and signed up for a class at our local Michael's.. I don't think that makes me any kind of pro but! I do enjoy the work and attention to detail that goes into my special cakes. I love making cakes for people's birthdays instead of just running to the grocery store to buy one. Its always nice to know that someone spent a little time "on you" for your special day. I've got a few pictures lying around somewhere. Nothing even close to yours, only a beginner's attempts LOL>

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by latierra84 View Post
    I've purchased a few of the Wilton kits and signed up for a class at our local Michael's.. I don't think that makes me any kind of pro but! I do enjoy the work and attention to detail that goes into my special cakes. I love making cakes for people's birthdays instead of just running to the grocery store to buy one. Its always nice to know that someone spent a little time "on you" for your special day. I've got a few pictures lying around somewhere. Nothing even close to yours, only a beginner's attempts LOL>
    That's how we all start. No matter what level you are at, you still enjoy to put the extra effort in making a cake extra special. I believe anything homemade is better than store bought. It takes more thought and effort and love to make it homemade. Anyone can stop by the store and buy something, it doesn't take that much thought. I would prefer someone attempt to make something even if it was a total flop, it would still touch me more than something from the supermarket.
    Just my oppinion.
    My girls are older and I so miss the handmade cards and crafts I used to get.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

her name is "yankeegal"

Here's a thread that has a pic of some of her cookies in her avatar
    [ame="https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78989"]Small Business Goals for 2007...... - Frugal Village Forums[/ame]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    her name is "yankeegal"

Here's a thread that has a pic of some of her cookies in her avatar
    https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...ad.php?t=78989
    Yankeegal those cookies are gorgeous! If your out there I would really like to hear about your business venture on getting a legal kitchen and how your business is going.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not a cake decorator yet, but I'm signed up to take Class 1 of the Wilton Cake Decorating classes at my Hobby Lobby starting next week. They had 40% of all Wilton items last week, so I was really able to stock up on equipment. Your cakes are gorgeous Shortcake!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not a professional, but I enjoy cake decorating - when I have time. I have not bought a cake at a store for my kids' birthdays ever! I make the character cakes for them. Someday I would love to take some of the classes - maybe when the kids are older.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by lisettelovebug View Post
    Not a professional, but I enjoy cake decorating - when I have time. I have not bought a cake at a store for my kids' birthdays ever! I make the character cakes for them. Someday I would love to take some of the classes - maybe when the kids are older.
    That's exactly how I started! I made my kids BD cakes. At first I was only making their cakes at that time of the year. Then about 4 years ago people started asking me to make cakes for them and I discovered that I really loved it. My kids where older when I started doing it alot so that helped fill the spare time as they got more independant. Know I can't live without this hobby, it keeps me happy! You guys are lucky to have craft stores that offer classes. There is nothing in my area. I am self taught and in the last two years I have taken a few classes but I have to travel far and it's expensive. This year I am going to a week class in Georgia in March, I can't wait!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just signed up for course 3 of the wilton classes. I've been making my kids cakes since they were little and really enjoying it so when I found the classes I decided to try them out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am!!! I have a wedding cake business on the side of my coupon business (and my ebay business and my consignment shop business and ... well you get the picture!)

I have one for 500 people coming up in April on the 19th.