Results 1 to 3 of 3
04-20-2003, 09:08 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2001
- Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
- Blog Entries
- Rep Power
Article: Fun & Healthy Snacks for Kids
Looking for a quick and healthy snack for the kids? Here are a few tasty ideas that you can surprise them with, or let them make on their own.
1. Bugs On A Log: They'll love it just for the name! Simply spread peanut butter onto celery stalks, and then top with raisins (the bugs). Yummy.
2. Melon Balls: Show them that ice cream scoops can be used for more than just ice cream. Scoop the "meat" out of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe and serve them on a tray with colorful toothpicks in each one.
3. Quesadillas: You don't have to drive to a Mexican restaurant to enjoy these melted treats. Simply sprinkle shredded cheese onto a tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half and microwave it until the cheese is gooey. Cut the quesadilla into triangle-shaped wedges and dip in salsa.
4. Frozen Grapes: The entire family will enjoy this cool treat once summer arrives. Place a washed bowl of grapes into the freezer for an hour or so. Don't forget to cut the grapes in half for smaller children and toddlers.
5. Peanut Butter Squares: Kids will eat just about anything that's covered in yummy peanut butter! Spread peanut butter onto a cracker (or a rice cake). Add a couple of apple slices then top with another cracker to form a little cracker sandwich.
6. Snackers Delight: Children change their minds with the wind, so be prepared with a medley of their favorites! Fill each cup of a muffin tin with different treats such as nuts, raisins, cheese cubes, pretzels, carrot slices and sunflower seeds.
About the Author:
Deborah Shelton is a mother, freelance writer, and author
of the brand new book, "The Five Minute Parent: Fun & Fast
Activities for You and Your Little Ones." Visit Deborah's website for more family-friendly ideas: http://www.fiveminuteparent.com
04-21-2003, 11:20 AM #2
08-26-2004, 09:19 AM #3
Those soy nuts are really good too! They're not as hard as peanuts and taste similar to sunflower seeds.
By perSue in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
By sunshine in forum Food for KidsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-21-2008, 06:15 PM
By anonymous1 in forum Kitchen BasicsReplies: 3Last Post: 05-05-2008, 12:27 AM
By mommy2three in forum Healthy CookingReplies: 5Last Post: 08-26-2004, 09:09 AM
By Heather in forum Food for KidsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-26-2004, 09:07 AM