Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Easy, Frugal Breakfasts!
07-08-2004, 02:10 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2001
- Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
- Blog Entries
- Rep Power
Easy, Frugal Breakfasts!
We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And that children who eat breakfast do better in school than those who don't.
However, we also all know that it isn't always easy to find time to prepare that all-important meal or to convince our children to eat it!
One way to create a positive attitude toward breakfast in your children is by showing them that you enjoy breakfast!
Eating breakfast as a family is a great opportunity to spend some quality time together. Spending time together making breakfast can turn out to be a child's favorite part of the day--and maybe yours, too!
By being creative and just a little bit organized, you can make a variety of tasty and healthy breakfasts. Try these ideas:
* for a quick and easy breakfast try a toasted bagel spread with low-fat cream cheese.
* or peanut butter spread on whole-wheat toast.
* how about a fruit smoothie? Toss whatever fruit you have in the blender with milk.
* when you have a little time, prepare a large batch of pancakes or waffles. Freeze in a single layer, then stack in a zip-top bag. In the mornings, pop one into the toaster, then top with fruit and yogurt.
* or spread peanut butter and jelly between 2 pancakes.
* try some non-traditional foods, like leftover pizza--kids nearly always go for it!
* kids don't want to drink their juice? Try this easy recipe for Orange Juice Smoothies.
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
5 or 6 ice cubes
Mix all ingredients in blender till smooth.
Breakfast doesn't have to be ham and eggs anymore! Nor does it have to be cold cereal. By using a little creativity you can have a healthy breakfast every morning!
Cyndi Roberts is the editor of the bi-weekly newsletter "1 Frugal Friend 2 Another", bringing you practical, money-saving tips, recipes and ideas. Visit her online at http://www.cynroberts.com to subscribe and receive the Free e-course, "Taming the Monster Grocery Bill".
07-08-2004, 02:34 PM #2
07-08-2004, 02:51 PM #3
we seem to always rush through breakfast - and it is the most important - not just meal, but time I feel - of the day....
what goes on at breakfast (or just first thing in the morning) seems to set the tone for the rest of the day!
thanks for the kick-start reminder Sara! I need to make mornings (& breakfast!) more of an enjoyable (& yummy!) time of day!
By Squidge in forum Meal planningReplies: 32Last Post: 04-18-2011, 08:28 AM
By New-mom-to-be in forum Frugal LivingReplies: 22Last Post: 04-27-2009, 09:16 PM
By Dutchie in forum Frugal EuropeansReplies: 9Last Post: 03-31-2009, 07:35 PM
By QM in forum Question and AnswerReplies: 11Last Post: 10-21-2008, 12:53 AM
By CampCrazyMom in forum Food for KidsReplies: 16Last Post: 12-22-2007, 02:59 PM