The 2010 Eating Out No More Challenge!
Page 1 of 112 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default The 2010 Eating Out No More Challenge!

This was so popular last year.....lets do again.

How much can you stay out of restaurants?

I am going to say that my family and I will only go out to eat 25 times this year. That may sound like a lot to some of you...... but it's only a couple of times a month, and to us, that is hardly ever!

Pizza, Sunday after church, they all count.......... just 2 times a month (that we have to pay for! )

how about you?
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

oooh! I ignored this challenge last year on purpose. You can make me pay off my debt and cut my grocery bill, but don't mess with my eating out!!!

With that being said, I need to start out with a pretty high goal of once a week. Right now we are eating out 2-3 times a week. I know this is costing me. I also know if I cut it out I will feel deprived. I hope once a week will make me feel like I am still getting a pleasure while saving money, and probably calories too!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We almost never eat out. I would say 12 times in the whole year. That doesn't count vacation week tho. Hmmm, it will be interesting to see how many times we actually eat out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We eat out way more than we should so this year our goal is to only go out to eat on a birthday! There are 4 of us so that is 4 times this year! This is going to be tough but I am determined to do this!! I'm not counting vacation, we are camping anyway and I'll cook most meals but we might squeak a meal out in there somewhere!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We don't "eat out" a lot at all.

That being said, we do "order in" quite a bit. We get pizza about every other week, and every now and then we pick up Chinese food for the kids and I and a sub for dh.

We are really, really, really going to try to cut that out in 2010. There's no reason for us to do that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am in again this year. I kept a running total for the whole year and we ate out/ordered in 25 times last year! It will definitely be cut down this year! Thanks for getting us started Int'lMom!

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. I'm not sure how well we'll do in the end, but what's important is that I've made a conscious effort.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a $25 gift cert....we'll use that on our anniversary...then it's back to eating at home. Last year maybe we ate out 10 times and I never eat out for lunch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm going to be generous and give myself 5 times this year! But in all reality, we rarely eat out! So I may fall under this as well! I do have a gift certificate that I got for Christmas though, so I will probably use that, and the boys got gift cards to a fast food restaurant as well...But we never go out, so 5 times for the year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in again for 2010. We ate out a total of 6 times last year (That we paid for).
    I hope for the same or less this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a tough one for me, but I want to give it a go. We tend to eat out a LOT on weekends. Not so much during the week. I joined the menu planning challenge which will help me cut down on the eating out. I'm going to try to only go out to eat 25 times, just like IntlMom. I know we've been doing it more than this, so any decrease will be wonderful!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No eat out day today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yikes, eating out only 25 times a years seems so little compared to what I do now! We don't eat in at restaurants (probably twice a year if that) but we order out and pick-up fast food ALOT!!!!!!!! So I'm going to challenge myself for my family to eat out under 24 times in 2010. This won't include food that dh and I get at work... that will come out of our 'weekly allowance' budget.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. We have also been eating out way too much. So I say 30times for the whole year. No eat out today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No eating out Today

Page 1 of 112 12341151101 ... LastLast