2011 Try New Recipes Challenge
Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 2011 Try New Recipes Challenge

This challenge is a great way to expand our culinary skills and to introduce some variety into our menus!

In 2011 I'm going to try for one new recipe a week. And I also want to try more restaurant copycat recipes.....going to restaurants is so costly, and my DH always says I could make the same thing at home and it would taste so much better and cost so much less. I'm going to see if I can prove him right!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll try one a month. I just signed up on Epicurious last week, and they have a lot of recipes there that look tasty. For dinner last night, I made two new dishes: mustard-roasted potatoes and ginger-garlic green beans. Both were excellent, and both were also easy, a combination that makes them keepers in my book!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Registered User Gotonenerveleft's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in for 2 a month. If I can do more I will but think it's safe to shoot for at least 2. Really have been waiting to see this challenge pop up. Need to get past the "same ole same ole" boring menus. Maybe this challenge and the menu challenge will boost my time in the kitchen and motivate me to NOT eat out.
    Tami
    Married 34 years
    DD 31 , DS 26
    GS 10, GS 9

Trying to get back on the frugal wagon!!!!

2011 Grocery challenge - January $76.13/$350.00
    2011 Menu Planning - 2weeks/52weeks
    2011 Try New Recipes - 1/24
    2011 Homemade Christmas - 0/8
    2011 Reading challlenge - 2/24
    2011 Clean Home Challenge - January - Pantry

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I am in for one meal a month, all new recipes. I specifically want to cook lamb this year(never made), master wild rice, and make more interesting vegetable sides.~

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll aim for 2 a month. For me, that'd be amazing since DH is the cook around here. Often he gets home late or goes on a business trip, so doing this would help I'm sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in for 2 a month as well. That will be one every other week or so. I'm not very skilled in cooking, so my recipes will be simple yet hopefully very, very yummy!

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A really good website that I've tried a few times for new recipes is All Recipes. Here's the link. Allrecipes.com - the top web site for recipes, food and cooking tips What I like is that people can rate it out of 5 stars then say what they did to either improve or change up the recipe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is funny that you made this a new challenge for 2011 because this month I have tried 3 new recipes that I found online. I was tired of making the same old dishes. With that being said, I am going to join your challenge and commit to making at least 2 new dishes a month.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in for two a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in..........for two 'new things' a month. I don't call them recipes because usually I only use them as a guidline........then do my own thing.

Love trying new things........especially baking!!

If you haven't tried the peanut butter bread posted on here........I highly rec. it. The recipe posted by grainlady!! If you like peanut butter cookies you will love it. I added 1/2 package of choc. chips. Going to do jam next - layer it in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh and I just talked about this! We want to try/add 1 new healthy recipe to the menu each week! I'm looking forward to the challenge!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am soooo needing this challenge! I'm coming in for 2 a month. I'd like to think I can do more, and if I can, I will. I just don't want to be spreading myself too thin, and then let myself down for not keeping my word. I did that quite a bit in 2010.

Since the better part of our suppers are chicken, I'm hoping to come up with some new side dishes to keep the chicken interesting, kwim? Oh, and btw, can we post our recipes? It'll be great to see what everybody's doing, and maybe trying a T&T recipe from the group. Ya think?

This should be fun!!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to try for 2 a month. I'm hoping for more, but it will be a start. I want to start eating more vegetarian, so most of my new recipes will probably be that.

I agree with QM, Allrecipes.com is the best for new recipes. I go there just to look around almost daily!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in. Trying for 2-4 new recipes a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got a new cookbook for Christmas so I'm in for 2 new recipes a month.

Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast