Weight loss program Days-In-A-Row challenge!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Weight loss program Days-In-A-Row challenge!

I'm just wondering if there is any interest in a Days-In-A-Row challenge for those who are following a weight loss program such as Weight Watchers, TOPS, NutriSystem, Jenny Craig, South Beach, etc. I need something to shake up my own weight loss attempts and get me motivated again, and I think it would be helpful to share success and missteps with others who are going through the same frustrations.

The purpose would be for each of us to track how many days in a row we can stay on our respective weight loss programs. No worrying about how much we've lost or anything, just focus on staying on program every day possible, counting Points, calories, or whatever our programs require us to count. If we could stay on program for long periods of time, the weight would take care of itself. Healthy eating is more important than numbers on the scale, though the two do go hand in hand.

To give myself and others time to get our ducks in a row, this challenge would begin Monday, October 28. Any takers?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me! My plan is primal / under 100 carbs. I need all the help I can get

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have been tracking calories, so I will jump in. My goal is 1200 cals or less per day, and I give myself one day off every 7 days.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I forgot to mention I plan to count calories for now. I will be using a lot of WW recipes, and may switch over to WW Points eventually. I also like cutting back on carbs. I'm pulling various elements from more than one program for now.

My daily target will be 1,400 calories. If I can't lose on that, I'll have to reassess. I'll be weighing and measuring my food to ensure my count is accurate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in.... I like this idea! I do follow a daily program of 1330 calories but I am good for two or three days then fall off the wagon for a day to two, then get back on for a day or two...repeat. This might help me to stay motivated!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm using the time between now and Monday to figure out an expanded bento box system. I want to pre-package my food for the entire day, the night before. I'm hoping that will help me stay on track.

It worked well using our bentos when we were on vacation. But of course I eat differently when I'm home vs. sitting in the truck all day. I need a "bento" big enough to hold a bowl of soup and other things that need to be heated up during the day, and stuff like that. It's not going to be anything elegant, but that's okay. I just need something to contain everything so I'm not just grabbing what looks good and not weighing/measuring because it's impulse eating.

I'll be making good use of my extensive Tupperware collection. Basically, the plan is to make up a DIY NutriSystem, everything pre-packed and pre-measured and pre-calculated each day, to help avoid slip-ups.

This could work!

Halfway between the Wolverines and the Spartans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to get in on this. I don't weigh or count anything, but I know what reasonable portion sizes are, and as the weather has gotten colder, I've been ignoring reasonable portion sizes and eating way too much! So my goal will be reasonable portion sizes every day and no extra snacks, regardless of how cold I am, how tired I am, how frustrated or sad I am, or any of the myriad other excuses I use for overeating this time of year.

My everyday diet is gluten free and low carb, but I'm craving carbs lately. When the carb craving hits, I need to remember to grab protein instead. I think this challenge will be just the thing to help me do that

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. However, I need to start a week from Sunday. I'm signed up for Weight Watchers and am ready to make the plan work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sally, whenever you can join in, feel free! There are no hard and fast rules.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found my new bento at GW today! It's a cute little oblong washtub I got for $3. I'm hoping it's the right size. It has a Christmas scene on it but that's okay. My single serve Corningware soup bowls fit perfectly, so that's a start.

I'm glad I found this before Monday. I'm sure I have something around I could have used, but I think something new and cute will give me an early boost and hopefully help me stay on track.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You can count me in. I use my fitness pal. I have lost 36 pounds in the last 5 months.
    I want to lose another 14 get to my goal weight.

I try to get some activity at least 5 days a week, I eat around 1200 cals--depending on my activity level for the day. More activity means more calories my body needs.

I want to work on reducing my sodium and also cutting back drinking diet coke. I had quit drinking them for a few months, then got stressed with my dad being in the hospital and started drinking them again, darn it. I plan to start drinking the caf free ones and then none which is a easy transition for me cause I don't like the taste of the caf free ones as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on your weight loss! I know all too well what a struggle it can be, and how rewarding it is when you lose.

I've gradually gotten to the point where I pretty much can't stand the taste of diet pop. I think it's because I habitually drink ice water with a slice of lemon in it. After getting used to that, nothing else tastes fresh. I drag along a 52 oz. Bubba Keg with my ice water everywhere I go. It really helps a lot to have it handy to sip. If I have pop now, it's rare and it's usually not diet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I should have called this challenge the Days-Per-Month challenge. It's really hard to stay on a program every single day. OTOH, I know from past experiences as soon as I fall off the bandwagon even for one day, it's monumentally difficult to crawl back on. I also know, once I get a string of days in a row going, it's a huge incentive not to break that and have to start all over again at Day One. But if anyone wants to count days per month on their programs instead, that's fine by me.

I'm mentally gearing up for tomorrow. I'm going to be busy cooking today, starting with cabbage soup. Then some more chimichangas for the freezer since Husby ate the last batch. I haven't decided yet about the turkey that's thawing in the fridge. I might wait till later in the week to cook that. Gonna have to make some space in the fridge and pantry too, so I can put in all my pre-measured stuff. Most WW recipes are six servings, so I'm going to try to make up batches of pre-measured stuff for six days at a time, all the food for all six days. So I need to pre-measure dry cereal, milk for the cereal plus milk for drinking, etc. It's going to take a bunch of space. It will be so worth it if this theory works out for me.

Suppers are going to be a challenge for me, so I will have to plan very carefully and weigh and measure faithfully.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in. My goal is to lose in a healthy way. Watch my portions and try to get more exercise!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cabbage soup is done and cooling in the open micro in six bowls, so I only have to make space in the fridge for that.

Cooking the turkey tomorrow, assuming it's thawed enough. Otherwise, I have lots of WW cookbooks to fall back on.

Chimis are sitting in the freezer on a wire rack so they don't freeze to each other. Finally, I got the tops to brown! Normally I bake them on a 100+ year old cast iron griddle, but today I decided to modernize and used an air-bake cookie sheet instead. Perfect! The tops are browned and the bottoms aren't burned to a crisp. So those are ready I'll put them in a labeled bag tomorrow.

The junk food it out of sight. That'll help a lot.

Nutrient values for key foods have been calculated and are written on a list for handy reference.

I still have to put together a menu that keeps me within my calorie limits but the groundwork is all laid now, so that won't take long.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast