2017 Meal Planning Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lasagne tonight. Monday or Tuesday hubby will be home and make turkey scallopini or Marsala. The rest of the week is leftovers since we have so much stuff in the fridge. Maybe will need to think of something new by Friday?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still a few leftovers. I made chili Saturday w/ ground turkey from freezer and a lot of garden vegs. Tonight I'm making a rice-okra dish that hubby won't like but I enjoy. Cooking some chicken for chicken salad. I have frozen uncooked meatballs to make later in the week. Planning something for the crock pot late in the week - Thursday or Friday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week looks like steaks, gumbo w/ Andouille sausage from freezer, leftover pork roast. Possibly chicken from freezer late in the week. I am going to Omaha Steaks store today (very nice gift card from my parents a while back) and need room in the freezer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Late in planning. Tuesday: crock pot chicken/stuffing/cranberry sauce. Wed: meatloaf (freezer), squash. Thurs: soup (freezer). Will figure out the rest in a few days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thursday was leftovers. Tonight (Friday) homemade pizza. Sat or Sun hot dogs. Monday Brisket from the freezer for hubby to cook on the grill somehow. I need to cook onions so a pot of French Onion soup over the weekend to eat during the week. I need a few things from the store but not too much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shopped for groceries this morning. This week: ham slice, baked beans, corn; crock pot chicken stew; italian sausage & pasta; chef salad w ham, eggs, cheese; steak & potatoes; potato cheese soup. Deluge of green beans from garden.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have in the fridge: 4 burritos (made 6 today at supper), pierogies, 1 grilled italian sausage, green beans w/ italian dressing, chicken soup made last week, ham, baked beans.

The only planned cooking is to use a sack of potatoes - either potato soup or mashed potatoes for the freezer if I can find space to fit anything in there. Potato soup sounds good since there is bacon, ham & cheese that can be added.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made a big batch of chicken tortilla soup and we had some for dinner. The rest goes in the freezer.

I have: butternut squash, bag of lettuce mix, tomatoes, cucumbers, half a cauliflower, half bell pepper, yellow squash, carrots, lemons, lime, apples, onion. Frozen corn and peas. Sack of russet potatoes.

-- fish, yellow squash, carrots
    -- chicken, butternut
    -- chicken, cauliflower
    -- beef? potatoes

Salad stuff for DH's work lunches.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm attempting yet again to plan our meals on a day by day basis, which is the only way I can stick with my WW plan.

Today's plan was a banana with a rice cake and cheese for breakfast, with a HM frozen WW meal for lunch, and a big pot of WW bean, kielbasa, and veggie soup in the Crock-Pot for supper.

I have lots of stuff to use up in the freezers, which have been too stuffed for a long time. But I have further incentive now because I want to clear out the side by side freezer and organize all my baking stuff in that space, along with dog food storage. The baking stuff is split between the three freezers now and it makes things hard to find sometimes. I also don't have things in the right kind of containers for organized storage. It'll be much nicer when I get it all in order.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

October 1-7: chicken & veg soup Sunday, dinner out w/ friend on Monday, meatloaf & homemade mac&cheese, quiche.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dh is out of town so it's just me and dd this week. I've been trying to teach dd to cook so there will be a lot experiments. Meals planned
    broccoli wild rice soup, new recipe
    impossible taco pie, new recipe, can't believe I've never made it
    tuna mac and cheese bake, new recipe
    smoke sausage over rice
    chicken pasta toss, dd's favorite

also planning one dinner out
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Need to brainstorm since I already spent a majority of November's grocery budget.
    - Martha Stewart veg soup
    - vegetarian split pea soup w/ barley
    - Yankee Supper beef stew - That's a good recipe, maybe I'll type it out for you all
    - quiche w/ ham for my parents tomorrow (Saturday)
    - pasta w/ clam sauce & salads
    - gumbo

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Busy week, so I went through the kitchen freezer to see was in there that DH could heat for dinner. I identified two week's worth of meals:

-- deli ham (sandwiches)
    -- tortilla soup
    -- chili
    -- chicken pot pie
    -- broccoli cheese soup
    -- bbq brisket & sides
    -- turkey burgers
    -- frozen meat pie
    -- salmon steaks
    -- hot dogs ?
    -- ground beef ?
    -- chinese dumplings/spring rolls
    -- ravioli
    -- tortellini

We have spinach, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, asparagus, cucumber, potatoes, and an asian salad mix for veggies this week.

Not sure about the hot dogs. We have no buns and are kind of beyond grilling season. Chili dogs maybe. Ground beef could become anything, although I already have meatballs, bolognese sauce, chili and taco filling made up and in the other freezer.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could use ideas for hot dogs also. One was hot dog fried rice - did not sound too bad, it's just a small component of the flavor instead of ham.

Betty Crocker recipe using box potatoes, add vegs and hot dogs.
    https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...c-d928c40df1b8

There were also suggestions to use crescent roll dough or make corn muffins w/ cut up hot dogs in them.

Tomorrow night is turkey corn chowder.
    I found a lentil "sloppy joe" recipe I plan to try later in the week. Hubby won't eat it but I might like it. Worth a test.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We normally eat them either grilled in a bun or with Cincinatti chili (my recipe is in the recipe forum here). I have wanted to make corn dogs or mini muffin dogs but DH said No. I can see them chopped up in fried rice. When I was in college I used to slice them up and add to macaroni salad. I saw a recipe that had them in mac-n-cheese. Cooked with bacon around the outside might be good, if the bacon isn't too chewy. And of course, good old franks-n-beans. I have some leftover bbq beans that were too sweet and too spicy, some hot dog would calm that down.

Ideas for toppings: 50 Super Ways to Enjoy a Hot Dog | Old Neighborhood Foods

Use it up, Wear it out,

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast