2019 Pantry / Freezer Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

tocked up on groceries reg stuff. for all the complaining of lack of bread now no one is really eating it.

used up odds and ends of cheese
    can of cheddar cheese soup
    box of rotini
    cheese tortellini
    jar of classico sauce
    spinach
    2 containers frozen homemad chicken soup from freezer sick boys in the house.
    frozen stuffed turkey breast
    gravy pack turkey
    potatoes
    frozen peas
    finished tub of margarine and butter
    squash
    ham lunch meat
    milk
    creamo etc
    box of jiffy corn mix and rest of couple of shredded cheese.
    brownie mix

frozen ham from freezer went to crows cus off.
    stirfry beef forgotten one day too late from freezer crows
    old sample pack of cat treats sm lost on bottom of tin...exp 2017 crows
    old cookies
    snowed a lot here so put out lots for the birds.

old seltzer water gone old gravy packs. been throwing out expired stuff i find lately

probably more but all I can remember

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pantry
    1/2 can tomato sauce

Fridge
    1 onion
    2 small baby peppers
    last of the enchiladas from last week. took to work
    last of the scalloped potatoes from same
    Last of bottle Ranch dressing
    last of pkg sandwich meat
    last of pkg swiss cheese
    combined 2 jars of chip dip
    I have 2 chicken breasts in fridge now already defrosted. I HAVE to get them cooked or they're going to go bad.
    Another ziplock chicken breasts cooked and used

Freezer
    2 ziplocs hamburger... made meatloaf
    Last of a bag of buffalo hot chicken wings the kid bought. NOT a keeper.
    2 pkgs of ice cream bars that I got for 49cents each on clearance and a coupon. Have 2 pks left

Tossed
    small pkg lunchmeat .. knew there was another one
    2 tomatoes

Want to use up SOON
    about half dozen potatoes. I have a new 10lb bag but the old ones needs gone
    2 half jars spaghetti sauce
    I think 2 half jars pizza sauce
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Freezer:
    fried chicken bites/strips
    French fries
    pizzas
    pie crust
    mix veg
    spiral ham (thawing)

Pantry:
    Baking staples (flour, baking powder, cinnamon)
    box rigatoni
    jar pasta sauce
    box tea
    box coffee pods
    loaf bread
    bag tortillas

Refrigerator:
    milk
    carton eggs
    lb butter
    2 cartons OJ
    2 half gal ice cream
    deli items
    onions
    2 bags apples
    2 bags tortilla chips
    bag shredded cheese

NEED TO USE: 2 half bags of potatoes, 10 oranges/2 grapefruits/2 pears (will make juice at this point)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Another everyone fend for yourself week. Then all adults here so no one is entirely helpless. Knee is slightly better but not healed. Lot of errands tomorrow so being as easy as I can.

Pantry
    Half of a very large can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew. Eh... it'll do in a pinch. Was glad I had it that night. Believe me.
    Pkg of Spicy Thai Tuna that I had taken for work and forgot was there. NOT a keeper.
    Lg canister of Coffee Mate
    Quite a bit of canister of seasoned bread crumbs

Fridge
    Last of pkg of turkey lunch meat He loves that stuff.
    Last of pkg of buffalo chicken lunch meat. I love that stuff but only rarely buy it. Salt kills me
    Last of that pkg hot dogs and the buns too
    Last of pkg shredded cheese

Freezer
    2 pkgs of ice cream bars that I got for 49cents each on clearance and a coupon. Now only one bar left thank goodness. There were 5 in a box. Not cholesterol friendly but oh so good.
    1 box frozen mac & cheese that was on good sale while back. Love that kind of stuff. Heat and eat. Have some left over for another meal or snack

Tossed
    Nothing yet but sure there'll be something

Want to use up SOON
    Yeah... all of it still hanging around. SMH. THIS is the reason I need this line item added to the challenge. Not that it's doing any good. But it will.

about half dozen potatoes. I have a new 10lb bag but the old ones needs gone. I think I'll make clone Panera Baked Potato soup before I go back to work Tuesday. Tomorrows taken but maybe Monday. Supper and a couple lunches. May also make up a big batch of mashed potatoes and store some for another supper and maybe a lunch or two with whatever else I make for the week. Probably chicken again. NOT a beef person unless it's tacos.
    2 half jars spaghetti sauce
    I think 2 half jars pizza sauce

Adding to the "need to use up" list is flour tortillas. Did NOT realize how many pkgs I have in the fridge drawer. Big ones, little ones. Thinking quesadillas...chicken of course
    Have everything to make them. Might make a few and take to work one day.
    Pkg roast beef lunch meat. He didn't want it tonight so... there's that. But a couple nights this week with the mashed when I make the big batch. Yeah... that works. Double duty
    So we'll see what ACTUALLY gets used.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Fridge
    Slice of cheesecake the kid had

Freezer
    Going to take out 2 ziplocks of boneless skinless chicken breast in a little while.

Pantry

Tossed
    Can't think of anything off hand

Want to use up
    Still working on above list. Thinking that Panera potato soup may happen today. Maybe maybe mashed potatoes for the next few days
    Still on list is 2 half jars spaghetti sauce and the 2 half jars pizza sauce
    Also still on are the "need to use up" list flour tortillas.
    Added to the list is the other half of that huge can beef stew. I may heat and eat it myself in a little while.

The used up may get added to as day goes on. Depends how I feel and/or what I make

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It been several days since posted here will post what i can remember

Freezer
    3 pork cops
    1 cup tomato juice
    2 corn dogs
    1 pork roast
    Part of big bag of broccoli,carrots and cauliflower
    A bag breaded okra
    1 pkg.home made cake mix
    1 pkg.rolls
    part pkg.coconut
    2 sausage patties
    several slices of bread
    All i can remember

pantry
    2 cans tomatoes
    part of can milk
    potatoes

threw away
    1 corn muffin i drop on floor
    about 1 serving of home made mac cheese thought they might have been in frigde to long
    several potatoes probable 5 or 6 didn't use up in time

In freezer
    part of cooked roast
    part can milk

All i can remember got start writing things down if i don't post every day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lots of things have come and gone from the freezer.

freezer
    cheese shredded
    hotdogs
    chicken
    taco meat
    ice cream
    fresh pasta
    single entrees
    spaghetti sauce
    fish sticks
    burritos
    pizzas
    kale
    sausages
    coconut shrimp
    frozen juice

pantry

jarred pasta sauce
    taco shells
    chips
    popcorn
    bread
    milk, coffee, breads daily stuff
    pb
    cereal
    smokies
    hotdogs
    apple raspberry pie
    cool whip
    cheeses
    cookies
    caesar salad mix
    jello
    lunchmeat
    candy/chocolate
    veggies/fruit

chucked old oatmeal packets, various condiments.. leftovers for crows old fruit bruised moldy etc.

of course all the reg stuff but the deals were the 90 percent off potato chips, bags of smokies 6.77 for 9 good deal where we are so got 3 2 for freezer, mild italian sausage 12 to 14 pack for 6.63 fresh made so cheap. lots of sales lately. dollar deals at safeway so margarine 1lb tubs, lots of half price candy from buggy. cheap good cereal like shreddies. apples and mandarins were 3 bucks for 3lbs instead of 4 to 6 bucks. jane chicken strips..good brand $6 instead of 12.99. plus if you spent $100 got 10 buck gift card so got that.

local grocey store sent coupons out to locals free things with purchase ..laundry soap gift cards etc 25 bucks you have to buy which is so easy for me. jug of milk $5 here plus they have a bunch of bogo stuff this week

so stocked up w lots of things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I’m working on using up some of the food I haven’t used in a long time or have a lot of. Four jars of pesto??

I made granola yesterday and added almonds and mix of every kind of dried fruit I have. Raisins, banana, coconut and blueberries.

Cooked red lentils curry fo dinner last night.

Baking chocolate cookies now. I had a bag with dark chocolate that wasn’t tempered right last time I used it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well food in and out! been trying to clean out old condiments and other things. kids and spring break go though food. lots of the same things going though..bread, dairy, cheese, lunchmeat, fruit etc. shopping and shopping. just did a run to states yesterday and got a bunch of deals. have been shopping a lot. so stocked up on food for now. stuff even with exchange is cheap.

crows got leftover potstickers that ds wouldn't eat until freezer burned but then didn't like. was a good deal too sigh. the pork button bones, freezer burned lobster, old meatloaf old eggs I hardboiled. found moldy cheese so crows. kids didn't eat.

deals marked down bbq bacon cheeseburger meatloaf, lots of $1 10 for 10 at fred meyer like frozen veggies, lunchmeat like salami and bologna. deodorant, taco shells, bbq sauce, krogers taco seasoning mix half the price of others. 90 percent marked down chips a couple weeks ago.

besides the regular stuff at the moment, used 3lbs of pork and made shredded pork..froze a lot of it. can of baked beans, sour cream, yogurts, granola bars etc. cereal. probably more but don't remember at the moment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm starting today.

Dh told me we didn't need to buy anymore food. Two freezers full of food, the pantry is pretty well stocked. Last night I made a list of everything I could remember and what meals I can make. I should be able to go the rest of the month without buying anything except milk and bread and fresh produce/fruit. Maybe yogurt.

I'm cleaning out the fridge today. I know there is leftover fried rice. Should have sent more home with ds. I know there are some things like almost empty cream cheese and dip, things like that. Not too much waste.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

shopped for fresh stuff today yogurt more bread, fruit etc. mom gave me some cake and ice cream for the kids and a few lbs of potatoes. she bought the bigger bag of potatoes because it was way cheaper but didn't need it all.

crows got moldy cheese and leftover rice. using frozen pasta , classico sauce and ham steak for dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The freezers are getting usage. I thawed out a 7 lb ham and it will be used for ham & scalloped potatoes today. I'll look for new recipes, too.
    Lots of pizzas and breaded chicken have been put in the oven. I've been using frozen chicken and ground beef for enchiladas.... Gosh, I love those. I'd like to make a rice/cilantro combo but am unsure how. I'll look for a recipe. I eat plain rice a lot.
    Eggs were a great price. I'll need to make DS2 some cookies.
    Cereal was on sale again, so I got more Puffins. Bananas and whipped cream are popular here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had some leftover salad in the fridge that needed to be tossed, but looking at it, it wasn't all bad, so I picked out the good pieces and shredded it for my tacos last night. Very little went in the trash. Used the leftover mushrooms over the weekend with my steak and ate the cucmbers by themselves. Trying really hard not to throw anything out.

Had to pick up a couple of things for the inlaws and saw pudding cups on sale. Nice treat for me or dgd and they were on sale, cheap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a small amount of ham, roast beef and mashed potatoes left over. Using leftover tortilla shells today for enchiladas. We eat lots of bananas, cereal, milk, bread...Will be boiling a carton of eggs.

I threw out ham that dried out as the last person didn't cover it properly before putting it in the fridge. ::

The freezers are dwindling. They're losing butter, ice cream, frozen meats. Yay.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

all the basics came and went lots of times ..dairy, breads, coffee, cookies , lunch meat, ice cream, fruit and veg. kleenex and tp soap etc. chips, koolaid packs and pop..teens over. countless packs of hotdogs cereal

used up cans of black beans, ground pork, cans of tomatos for chili ..froze some. family used up jars of pb so got a huge jar cus no sales except on big one. 2pks of smokies, 4 steaks, chicken thighs, ham steaks, kd, single entrees, pack of frozen burritos, jars of pasta sauce and boxes of pasta. couple packs of frozen fresh pasta. frozen veggies. makings for chicken soup and froze some. cake mix and icing. frozen juice. candy

2 packs of english muffins froze and thawed in back of fridge to the crows, end of bag of chips. rest of pasta. plus other leftovers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast