2019 Try New Recipes Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tried this, it came out very well and I received compliments on it.

https://thriftyniftymommy.com/bluebe...le-bake-recipe

I used low fat cream cheese, and added an extra handful or two of berries. No need to skimp on berries. I added maybe half a tsp of cinnamon and 1/8 tsp nutmeg to the cream mixture, for a hint of flavor.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    I want to try this. It looks like a combination of egg salad and devilled eggs. Will try it with some green onions and maybe other herbs. Dill or tarragon would be good.

Egg Spread / Dip – VajĂŤková pomazánka – Czech Cookbook – Video Recipes in English – US Measurements – US Ingredients
    Took it to a party last night and it was very popular. I subbed cream cheese for the wedges called for in the recipe. Made some toasted multi-grain baguette rounds to go with it. IMO it could have used a little more seasoning. Next time I will hold back one egg white, chopped up, to give it a little texture. I did it in my mini-chopper and it came out quite smooth.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tonight's new recipe: https://www.keyingredient.com/recipe...-peanut-sauce/

Good: it was easy to make once I got all my vegetables chopped. It didn't wow me, but DH liked it. I threw some cooked, chopped chicken breast on top.

Bad: the amounts are seriously off.

The recipe claims it serves 4, but 1.5 cups of uncooked rice ends up as 8+ cups of cooked, fluffed rice. Unless you are feeding a high school football team you may want to cut the amounts by half or more. I cut back on the veggies because DH doesn't eat bell peppers, and I knew that 1 whole red cabbage was going to be way too much once it got chopped or shredded.

The peanut sauce was too thick. I added water, soy sauce (for an extra boost of flavor) and hoisin, and could still stand a knife in it. We ate it anyway, but it needs some tweaking to get the consistency right.

I mixed the veggies with half the rice and it filled a 2.5qt casserole dish! There's 2, maybe 3 more dinners left. And I've still got 4 cups of plain rice in the steamer.

Use it up, Wear it out,

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ch you can add water to the peanut sauce too to thin it out. used to make a satay sauce like my moms..that would thicken when kept warm so added water. had onions and Indonesian soy sauce in it.

I think I have bought and tried new things like different marinted chickens but not many new recipes with the family. potato and leek soup was a hit.. tomato veggie beef so so and bacon and greens only ds and I loved. all I can remember.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did put some water in it, but water has no taste so it thins the flavor, too. I think it needs more vinegar or lime juice, and possibly soy as well.

Potato and leek soup is a favorite of mine, too. Too bad leeks are so hard to find around here.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12